iPod touch A'm I stuck - trying to change MAC address

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by unknownEMS, Nov 2, 2014.

1. unknownEMS, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014

unknownEMS macrumors newbie

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I have a huge problem It all started with me trying to change my mac address so I could connect to my school Wifi. At the time I was on IOS 7.0.6 Jailbroken and had everything setup on my iPod 5G. I did the nvram wifiaddr="00:00:00:00:00:00" and a few days later my wifi went out. I replaced the antena, tried heating up my iPod, and freezing it but nothing worked. So I updated to IOS 8.1 and still no Wifi I tried restoring it from previous backups but still no change. Thanks to the new Pangu update I was able to install cydia without wifi but now my problem is I cant install Mobile Terminal I tried using Cyder,Cyder2,and Igopher but they keep giving me errors on both my computers. Is there anything I can do in this situation? I do have my original MAC Address from the iPod

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

You realize changing your MAC address wont help right? Any network engineer worth their salt has a blacklist setup as well as a white list. Chances are they have some type of MAC filter in place only allowing MAC addresses that reside in their inventory. Unless you have a BYOD policy with something like Clear Pass in which you authenticate with credentials, you will just be blocked again.

Why don't you ask the network guy to manually add your MAC to the filter?

EDIT: Never mind, I kinda get the idea that its an open network if you were allowed to connect in the first place. So your MAC is 00:00 etc etc? Sounds like you are pretty screwed. You could try restoring it and bringing it to an Apple store to see if they can reset it manually?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need to fix it or get a replacement.
    Nothing software wise you can do to repair it.

4. unknownEMS thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I new I screwed up but thanks for the help I thought I was going to have to buy a new iPod