Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
So I want an Iphone mainly for all the filmmaking apps and tools I had on the 4s, I have a samsung s3 now but want to move to an iphone, Im thinking of moving to the 6+ im not too bothered about specs, I am aware of the september announcement coming, its a few months but im impatient, I dont plan on upgrading for another 3 years if I get it.. so what do you think?

also in terms of storage I could get the 64gb phone but what if i get the 16gb storage will i be limited by apps ?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
You mentioned that you're impatient, but unless you really need the phone now because your S3 is dying or whatever other reason, then wait until September. Plus, if you wait, the 6+ will be cheaper than it is now once they announce the 6s models.

As for storage, I personally would get 64GB if you can afford it. You will be limited to the amount of apps, movies/TV shows, songs, photos/videos you can store on your phone since 16GB doesn't really give you a lot of space to work with. You can also utilize cloud based services such as iCloud or Dropbox for your photos/video storage rather than keep them locally stored on your iPhone.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
So I want an Iphone mainly for all the filmmaking apps and tools I had on the 4s, I have a samsung s3 now but want to move to an iphone, Im thinking of moving to the 6+ im not too bothered about specs, I am aware of the september announcement coming, its a few months but im impatient, I dont plan on upgrading for another 3 years if I get it.. so what do you think?

also in terms of storage I could get the 64gb phone but what if i get the 16gb storage will i be limited by apps ?

I tried out a 16 GB 6 plus and I think you have like 11GB available after iOS (don't quote me on the exact number but it's not the whole 16). Between all my apps and my ~3GB of photos, a few gigs of Spotify offline songs, etc. I had no room on the phone. Get the 64GB and don't look back

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas

Wait just three more months, otherwise you will regret it. Maybe not on your first year, but definitely by your third.

Reactions: XTheLancerX

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
You said you will keep the next phone you get for 3 years or more? Wait, because the phone you are about to get is already coming on its first year of age. By the time you want to switch again, the 6 Plus would be pretty much 4 years old and would be slow as hell. Get the newest you can get if you are planning on using said device long-term. This saves you from ripping your hair out when the device is nearing its end. Waiting would give you a more pleasant time before you switch.

It's pretty much why I'm waiting all the way till November before I upgrade my iPad. I am not someone who sells devices to get the latest and greatest, I own the device long term. I want to make my purchase count, not get something that's already old so it will be ultra-old in the relatively near future.

Hope that all makes sense. Please, wait. You will not regret it.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Unless you constantly transfer your content, 16gb will definitely limit you. 3 years before you upgrade again? Famous last words! Save yourself the struggle and join a yearly upgrade plan if you can afford it.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
16GB is enough for some, but probably not you. If you are planning on using filmmaking apps, then you will have film content to store. That will fill up a 16GB iPhone very quickly.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
You can save $200 if you go through Verizon:
http://devices.verizonwireless.com/content/ecrm/vzw-acq/cc.html?

Enter your email, and you will get a coupon. You can do this online, in store, via phone. You can cancel Verizon Edge whenever you want, but you have to pay off the phone. So it's essentially $200 off the phone minus service fees, etc.

It says iPhone, but it works on the 6+ too.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007

wait three months. Save some cash and buy yourself a Slurpee

Reactions: EthanLMT
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.