Am I suppose to get a box with Apple Care?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MK25toLife, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

I ordered my iMac online and got the free nano, also ordered Apple Care along with it. When my nano shipped it said Apple Care shipped as well. However, I received my nano today with no sign of Apple Care. I know Apple Care is just a service but why was it listed as something that shipped? How am I suppose to use it in the future if I need to use it? Was it suppose to come in some sort of box or something?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yes, Apple care comes in a box

Similar to this one

Attached Files:

3. nes11 macrumors newbie

When you order online from the apple store the apple care is activated directly via apple and is active as soon as your Mac is shipped. You won't get a box sent to you, since you have AC already registered now and your unique Mac serial number will be your proof.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I didn't get a box with mine, ordered online with my iMac. I got a disc and a small booklet about AppleCare. If I remember correctly, it arrived after my iMac.

I hope this helps.

5. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I recieved mine in a manila envelope directly from Apple :)

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The disc is simply a version of TechTool Pro, a disk utility/maintenace software.

7. tartsquid macrumors regular

tartsquid

I ordered Apple Care a few months after I bought my iMac and ended up getting an envelope with a disk but not a box. Maybe the boxes are used in the stores only.