Am I suppose to get a box with Apple Care?

MK25toLife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I ordered my iMac online and got the free nano, also ordered Apple Care along with it. When my nano shipped it said Apple Care shipped as well. However, I received my nano today with no sign of Apple Care. I know Apple Care is just a service but why was it listed as something that shipped? How am I suppose to use it in the future if I need to use it? Was it suppose to come in some sort of box or something?

nes11

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2005
When you order online from the apple store the apple care is activated directly via apple and is active as soon as your Mac is shipped. You won't get a box sent to you, since you have AC already registered now and your unique Mac serial number will be your proof.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
When you order online from the apple store the apple care is activated directly via apple and is active as soon as your Mac is shipped. You won't get a box sent to you, since you have AC already registered now and your unique Mac serial number will be your proof.
I didn't get a box with mine, ordered online with my iMac. I got a disc and a small booklet about AppleCare. If I remember correctly, it arrived after my iMac.

I hope this helps.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
The disc is simply a version of TechTool Pro, a disk utility/maintenace software.

tartsquid

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2006
Reston, VA
I ordered Apple Care a few months after I bought my iMac and ended up getting an envelope with a disk but not a box. Maybe the boxes are used in the stores only.