Resolved Am i the only one having issues with iCloud email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kariya, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Kariya, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Just as the title says. I can send emails fine but fetching them proves difficult. I keep getting "couldn't connect to the server" or Username/Password incorrect" even though it isn't.

I know it's beta i just want to be sure it's not an issue on my end but rather Apple's end.

2. Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

Guess i am.

PS- Why would you even rate this negative :confused:

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

what icloud email are you talking about? do you have mobile me or another provider?

4. Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

Apologies i should've clarified. It's an @me.com account set up as an iCloud account on iOS 5. Was working fine until sometime this weekend.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hmm im not to sure. i would delete the account off your iphone then re add it. ive had me.com for a while and its working fine. hopefully itll resolve your issues.

6. Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

I already tried that. Mine is a newer account so maybe thats why. Oh well...back to Gmail.

7. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

mine is working fine, just got it working on my lion dp4 mail now too.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

recent me.com address or one from mobileme days?

9. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

I don't wanna go off topic a lot, but when I try to set up my MobileMe email as an iCloud service on my iOS 5 iPhone, it says that my MobileMe account has not been ported yet... Anyone else with this problem?

Also, how do you set up iCloud on Lion? :D

10. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

new one, from ios5 beta

11. Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

12. me43 macrumors member

It won't even let me create an @me email, it says the servers are down:(

13. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I actually tried sending myself an email it went through really fast.

But i tried sending from my @Me email it was so slow sending a two sentence test message.

It sent after a good minute...

Maybe it's because we're new @me email holders? or the server is just really slow

14. daneoni, Jun 13, 2011

daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I guess their servers are indeed twitchy...which isn't surprising at this stage.

15. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597

Apple is not proving any new @me emails anymore. By the way, why is everyone suddenly transitioning to something that one, is not even fully released, and two, is still in beta.

Everyone should just wait for iCloud to be released. By the way, the servers are fine. They are giving errors, because it is not accepting any new mobileme users, and because iCloud is not fully released, so attempting to test iCloud at this point is unrealistic.

16. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

ummmm ...... shouldn't you be asking these questions in the apple developers forum? Your more likely to find an answer there. :rolleyes:

17. Kariya, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

Setting up a new iCloud account/Apple ID in iOS 5 beta = a new @me.com address from Apple...whether you like or like it.

There are a lot of iOS 5 users on this site just as there are on Apple's forum. So whats wrong with wanting to hear from both groups.

PS- If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, then be quiet.

For everyone else, thanks for the replies.

18. gks macrumors 6502

iCloud is basically in beta right now. The only thing NOT in beta would be the stuff you can access in 4.3.3 (so, iTunes and Apps). Everything else is pre-release so developers can test it.

Seems most people don't grasp the concept that BETA means Beta and it's basically for TESTING. For developers to make sure their apps work on the new platform before the update is released. iCloud isn't available to anyone NOT a developer. Thus, you shouldn't expect it to work flawlessly.

I'd urge anyone that isn't a developer to NOT install iOS 5 yet. It isn't ready for casual Joe to try out and use daily. It'll be released soon enough, just wait it out.

19. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

+1

Beta OS is beta.

20. Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

I know its a BETA. I wasn't complaining at all that it's not working...just wanted to know if that minor niggle was exclusive to me or not. Thats all.

21. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

It is not just you. Everyone who attempts to use the beta will be given limited
    resources when actually using them. That is why I mentioned in my post that even if you sign up for a "new @me" email, it won't let you, because the server is not per say "on" for the public yet. It will be ready in Fall 2011 for full use. So I suggest that you stick with GMail, until Apple releases iCloud. By then, making a new @me email will be easier.

22. Kariya, Jun 14, 2011

Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

^
    Yup. Funny thing is the servers are responding again now and i'm getting all my emails but you're right...which is why i've only been using the @me.com address for testing purposes and nothing else from the get go.

23. MrMariner macrumors newbie

Dumb question: Is there any way for the public (non-developers) to sign up for a @me.com email right now? Or will we have to wait until this Fall when iOS 5 is released? I know it's buggy and still in beta right now, I just wanted to snag my email address before someone else registers it.

24. Kariya thread starter macrumors 68000

Kariya

25. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

No you cannot. It is for developers only and the only way that is happening is by getting the 99$ developer account or by getting it ill***lly.

I'm sorry. I couldn't write the full word out.

By the way, @Kariya, it is interesting that the servers are active. Do you find that apple's email service is better than GMail? I know its still in beta, but just wondering if you got to test out some features... :)