Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Labeno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
I registered for the iPhone App program (through two different emails) when they started allowing registration months ago. The only email I've gotten from Apple is a teaser email stating that they are reviewing my application. Yet, on some MacRumor threads I see people registered a few weeks ago and have already been accepted. For those of you who have been accepted, but are waiting for your Apps to be accepted into the iTunes store, you should feel lucky you got that far. What's the secret to getting accepted? Am I the only person still waiting?

erikko

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
You're not the only one waiting. Granted, I applied about 3 weeks ago as an individual, and my payment failed when my browser returned an error. I don't expect to hear from them until I do another application with the payment, and then I can only hope.

I wonder if they do any sort of research on the applicants? I'm not an established business with plenty of programs to show; I'm just an anonymous software engineer working for a larger company and I want to get into the small business market. All I have are my dozens of ideas and class structure sketches on how to implement them. And a website in the works. I'll try again when I have the domain and some pages up, as well as a business plan.

Whatever you do, good luck.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
You're not the only one waiting. Granted, I applied about 3 weeks ago as an individual, and my payment failed when my browser returned an error. I don't expect to hear from them until I do another application with the payment, and then I can only hope.

I wonder if they do any sort of research on the applicants? I'm not an established business with plenty of programs to show; I'm just an anonymous software engineer working for a larger company and I want to get into the small business market. All I have are my dozens of ideas and class structure sketches on how to implement them. And a website in the works. I'll try again when I have the domain and some pages up, as well as a business plan.

Whatever you do, good luck.

I'm waiting too. When do you pay the $99? When I click the enroll button it tells me they are reviewing my application.

Streamer

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2008
I'm waiting too. When do you pay the $99? When I click the enroll button it tells me they are reviewing my application.

I now get that too. Yesterday I got as far as individual or company etc. I perused the options but didn't actually apply. Today I decided to apply and suddenly all I get after it asked me my Apple ID is telling me my application is under review (don't remember actually applying) and gives me an enrollment number!

odd methinks! Any thoughts?

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
I now get that too. Yesterday I got as far as individual or company etc. I perused the options but didn't actually apply. Today I decided to apply and suddenly all I get after it asked me my Apple ID is telling me my application is under review (don't remember actually applying) and gives me an enrollment number!

odd methinks! Any thoughts?

Yeah, that's what happened to me too. WHen I click enroll it just asked me to log in, and then it gave me an enrollment number just like you and said my application is under review...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.