Am I the only one not seeing the WatchOS 3 update?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ImKorbi, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ImKorbi macrumors newbie

I've been checking for a WatchOS 3 update yesterday all day, and this morning, and STILL, "2.2.2 Latest".

Am I the only one that is still waiting on watchOS 3 to still show up? I'm on no beta program, battery is 100% connected to wifi. Nothing abnormal here. Is it coming in batches? I checked online and everyone is like "Oh wow watchOS 3!" And here I am at 9:50pm on release day saying its on the latest. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

2. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

Same :/ Do you have the final beta of iOS 10? Or the official one that was released yesterday?

3. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

- you have to be running iOS 10 on the iPhone that's paired with your watch
    - reboot both devices if you haven't already
    - if you have any beta profiles on your iPhone, delete them for now

4. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Do you have the GM version of iOS 10 on the phone? I think you need that to see the update for OS3 apple watch.

Mine showed up yesterday - installed and working great.

Edit - sorry for the 3rd post with the same info - looks like everyone is fast on the draw.

5. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

Beta profiles are deleted, both devices were rebooted, Ive got iOS 10 on my phone.

6. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Hmm. The WAP/router that you're connecting to - are the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks having the same SSID?
    If you disable bluetooth on your phone, does the watch connect to it ok over wifi? (it can take awhile for the watch to switch over it's connection when you drop bluetooth like that).
    (when you switch to wifi for your watch-iPhone connection, the connection symbol in the dock changes from the iPhone symbol to the cloud symbol).

You want to make sure that your iPhone and Watch are on the same wifi network.

7. ImKorbi thread starter macrumors newbie

Wait, you HAVE to be running iOS 10 for it? That's so stupid imo, some people don't want bricks for phones.

8. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

I'm still having the issue. On IOS 10 & no Watch OS3 showing up. Come on apple and no I don't want to delete my beta profile. Have reset both devices multiple times

9. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

Ok it works, there was a dev.profile that didn't show up at first.. Deleted the profile and now it works

10. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

Tis is ridiculous, got on with support and no one could figure out what is going on. Deleted the Beta profile restarted both devices about 10 times already and nothing. WTF. Next step is make an appointment for next week, come on! It's not just apple but the text world seems to have reached its talent pool limit, Companies are putting out glitchy crap constantly.

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

All I can think of is to start from scratch, reset from the watch app on your iPhone and then pair the watch.

I assume you have iOS 10 and the watch has 50% power at least and it is connected to a charger and you are on wifi.

Maybe you can even reset the iPhone, just throwing some things out there.