am I the only one person who has problem with @mac.com mail?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macmania82, Sep 20, 2009.

1. macmania82 macrumors regular

Off!! hi friends, why can't I login to @mac.com?!?! I can login to iChat or Apple Store with my current @mac.com account. I have no problem at all. But when I try to login for my mail, i just come cross with "Wrong username or password" error!! I tried with Mail app, or even online at the link http://www.me.com/mail/en , but no success at all!

any idea why I can't login to mail?!

I appreciate, thanks so much!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you have an active subscription to MobileMe?

3. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

hmm, do I have to do something like that for mac mail? :confused: I don't know, I didn't do anything like that.

I just checked and it says that i have to pay £59.00 for that after trial period.

so, does it mean I have to pay an another £59.00 amount money to have a mac.com mail after I pay $3000 for macbook pro? does it sound fair? :/

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's fair. MobileMe is a subcription service which includes an email account. It's not free. You get a discount on it when you buy it with the purchase of a new Mac, but to renew for the next year, you pay full price. In the US, MobileMe is $69 for the first year if you buy it with the purchase of a new Mac. After that, it's $99/year. If you want free email, use Gmail from Google.

5. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know about this not-free mac mail account when I was registering my macbook pro for first time. now, is there any chance to change this @mac.com account with my gmail.com account for my macbook pro registration? thanks a lot!

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can still use your @mac.com account for your Apple ID and for logging into the iTunes store. It's not required that you also have the email account that comes with MobileMe. If you change your registered Apple ID from your current @mac.com to a @gmail.com, you will lose any history of purchases made under your old account. There's no way to merge them.

7. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks @GGJstudios for help...

but the thing is, all my purchases info and other newsletters etc are going to @mac.com mail account as long as I keep it as default for my apple registration. that's why I wanted to change it actually :/

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can change your email account for iTunes without changing your Apple ID. Log into iTunes, and click Account:
    Picture 1.jpg
    The same goes for subscriptions to newsletters. You can even change your Apple ID to @gmail.com, but anything you've already purchased under @mac.com will remain associated with that Apple ID.

9. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Why not just buy MobileMe and save any hassle?

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not a hassle to change your email account. It takes less than a minute. One minute's work to save $99/year? Hmmmm! I'll take it! I had MobileMe and rarely used it. I don't mind paying for something I use, but giving money away without getting any benefit just doesn't make sense.