Am I the only one... (plastic finish)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GuillaumeB, Jun 11, 2008.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

...to think that the iPhone 3G plastic looks like the white and black macbook whereas the current iphone perfectly match my macbook pro???
    Makes no sense to me!!

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

the plastic was basically necessary for the iphone, it has so many radios in it, and it will hopefully improve reception. Think about it, how many phones have a metal back?

3. meagain macrumors 68030

Or iMac, Air. Are you suggesting a Pro model (maybe 32gb or with chat cam) will pop up? :D

4. JoshJosh117, Jun 11, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  5. meagain macrumors 68030

I'm going to put a Best Skins Ever or Invisible Shield on mine. Even if matte (preferrable), it would've made them glossy so it's hard to complain about glossy.

I bet people will pimp out the white ones. And surely these will be so very paintable.

6. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I love the current iPhon'es back, wish the back was black brushed aluminum, that would be amazing. I like the new look of the iPhone though, hope I like it in person.

7. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I wonder if colorwarez can make a real nice one.

8. hashbrown macrumors newbie

Bestskinsever rock. I'll be ordering one right away as well. My old phone looked glossy with the skin anyways, although I will miss the cool aluminum.

Sounds like hands-on reports are saying reception is improved. Not sure if it's the new radios or the back, but I'm assuming that if they had to put that ugly black plastic piece on the back of the old one, plastic must make a difference.

9. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

What baffles me is that Apple now chooses white as the premium color. First it was black on the MacBook. What gives?

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

Black is better anyway so it doesn't really matter.

11. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

No, you are not....

The plastic initially turned me off, but I have to reserve judgment until I have actually played with the phone. I picked up a first generation iPhone just in case I can't stand the shiny plastic back:D

Jude

12. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Yeah, I liked the aluminum better but if plastic gives me better reception than it is an acceptable trade off.

13. zildjianfan macrumors regular

I'm sure the plastic is also cheaper to manufacture (helping bring the price to $199/299)