Am I the only one saddened by this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MnkyPwz, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MnkyPwz macrumors member

I bought a Bumper, obviously for the extra protection that it would offer, but then found out it was a great thing to have due to the whole recption issues, and with it I was happy. That is until I went home and tried to dock th iPhone 4 in its new dock, only to find out that each time I wanna dock it the case will need to be removed. That just doesn't bode well for the lingevity of these bumpers.

I imagine I'll run through about 1 every 2.5 months, due to wear and tear from me putting on and taking it off, simplt to dock charge.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Do you HAVE to use the dock? Surely you can just bypass the dock and plug it in directly.

My wife likes to use a case so she skips the dock, but I prefer my phone naked so I use a dock.

3. iCHiRS macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Go pick up Apple's universal dock if you don't wantto have to keep removing the bumper.

4. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

The dock was with the original iPhone... I bought one when the 3G came out and used it about 3 times. I think the dock is useless, plug it in directly, does the job.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I do not own a dock & doubt I ever will. I just use the adapter cable & wall plug.

6. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

7. donbenjy macrumors 6502

the OP says its the new one. This is just more evidence that the bumpers are a last minute addition to fix the reception issue!