Am i the only one starting to see a trend here?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hitman45400, Oct 23, 2008.

1. hitman45400 macrumors regular

so i've noticed a few things, i think we can bet on new designs, and we should have seen the MBP update coming, (iMac, MacBook Air) all had the black outline, the new style of keys, all glossy displays, since the macbook pro was the only one with a matte display..
    has anyone else noticed that?
    (sorry if this has been mentioned before)

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I haven't noticed it...?:confused:

Huh? We saw some mockups but not even close to the real release.

3. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

not talking about mock ups, but the same basic things where imputed into the new MBP from the imac and mba, and i think we should have seen all that coming..

4. vkt macrumors newbie

I think what he is trying to say is that Apple, overall, is unifying their product designs. The iPhone, iMac, and MacBooks now all have black around the screens, glossy displays and overall more of a "two tone" style.

5. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly.
    it's going to a more 'blend in' style if you ask me, the old iphones and mb you could tell what they were because of the distinct finish, now it's not as noticeable..

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

The Air doesn't have a black outline.. just the black keyboard ;)

7. vkt macrumors newbie

Well, the old designs were easily distinguishable because they'd been around for so long. Trust me, in four years we will look at these two-tone machines and immediately think :apple:

8. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

And it looks better because of it! Why go for the two tone? Why not leave the aluminum rim, give the option of the Matte screen, and do away with 50% of the negative comments on this board?

9. aussie.damo macrumors regular

More likely we'll just think laptop. Acer, Dell, HP, Toshiba and many others already use this two tone rubbish.

10. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

thats what i was thinking..
    i mean come on, they all blend in now, and if those spy shots of the whole 2 tone laptop where true, no one could tell anything anymore, except for the :apple: in the center..

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This has been commonsense for months now and is abundantly obvious as of last week.

12. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

I know that, but i just felt like pointing out, and hadn't seen a hardly any threads about this.
    i started it out as saying how we could have predicted the new MBP from the imac and mba.

13. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

Yup I see the trend, and I'm pretty sure we'll see another new radical design in 4 years too. Design changes because it has too and this is just another phase. just remember how it went from old school beige ----> crazy hippie colors -----> white -----> silver -------> and now black and silver...

Who knows apple may move to all glossy black designs in a few years.

14. hitman45400 thread starter macrumors regular

that might actually look pretty awesome..

15. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Nope... I must be amunne to Apple trends cause I still have one windows powered ultra-portable, though it's never online - thus, Virus free! :)