Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

writeous

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
EVERYTIME I use iDVD is freezes my MBP to the point that I have to do a hard boot. I dont understand why it would be doing that because I have 4 gbs of RAM and my MBP is still somewhat new. Anyone else having this problem?

writeous

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
It usually freezes when I do anything that requires something to play, like watching the preview of the DVD or when trying to burn the DVD, it crashes when its creating the menus. I've googled it, and it seems thats its a problem with MBP. Mainly the Santa Rosa ones.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
No you're not the only one. It froze when I played with it yesterday when I tried to Preview the project. My version is iLife '08. I had to do a hard shut down (pressing down the power switch for 4 secs) :rolleyes:

hakuryuu

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Lomita, CA
Whenever I try to burn a slide show to dvd it locks up my MBP when rendering the slide show. It runs just fine without a slide show though.

benmurphy66

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2008
I have the same problem when I burn a DVD it crash at the point were it's working with the images. it drives me mad. have MBP SR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.