Am I the only one that's more excited now?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by betabeta, Apr 8, 2015.

1. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I'm actually more excited now

I want it to have around the house, review pointed out this will work well. I don't need any external apps to work so lag is not an issue.

I only want it for fast convenience. Just the basics (what it's main points are)

Get quick glances at messages and mail
    Send fast message when needed
    Notified of reminders quietly
    Set reminders fast and easy
    Ask basic questions of Siri like weights and measures
    Set timer in kitchen
    Answer the phone fast to shut it up in certain circumstances
    Use for Apple Pay
    Pedometer when around the house without phone.
    Heart rate will be interesting but never expected much.

Everything listed above seems to work fantastic.

A few big reviews seemed to focus on themselves and some showed how you can be more rude, but not the other side where you can be less rude.

Super excited, more excited after some of the reviews I saw.

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'm at about the same level of excitement for the last month, but I am getting a little anxious about not getting the model I want. 1/3 of :apple: Watch buyers were going to buy the 42mm Space Gray Sport, and now after today, that number rose even higher. Tons of people were going after a SS watch, but are now going for a Sport instead.

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

My only reaction to the review criticisms, for the most part, has just been confusion at how "tech" journalists can be so obtuse. I guess it's their job now. Panning Apple is the popular thing to do and will get more clicks, I suppose. Like traffic slowing down for a wreck. And the reviews, especially Verge's, were certainly train wreck scale for willful ignorance.

At any rate, I have zero additional deterrence for acquiring this device due to the reviews. I'd be interested if anyone has taken the time to distill out all the opinion, and list any new facts about device behaviors in one place. I've seen a couple bits of interesting info scattered about, but, nothing comprehensive.

4. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Some are going to love it, you should be happy release is so close

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

I didn't find the reviews terrible at all. LOL. Maybe it's my rose colored glasses. But I am definitely still excited. Just hoping I'm making the right decision regarding size. Going 38mm Milanese.

7. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Reviews are always harsh on new product lines. I'm still excited. :)

8. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

YES. I want it and I want it now. Tired of waiting already.

9. walshy1009 macrumors regular

walshy1009

I'm still very excited for this product. That box it comes in though is gorgeous!

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Oh I'm still very excited. I'm disappointed about the lag when the phone and watch communicate. I didn't expect that.

But I was pleasantly surprised the reviews were as positive as they were...I was expecting it all to go worse, frankly. The comments to the reviews, Joanna's Stern's WSJ one especially had some very nasty remarks. I was expecting that level of negativity from the reviewers, frankly. Lukewarm was better than I expected.

11. dan.synergy macrumors member

dan.synergy

I am also still excited. One other thing you can do is control apple tv, which I am confident should work seamlessly

12. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

excited but add relief when i order my 42MM space grey sport friday morning. Regardless when I get it, it will be a relief when I know its ordered & coming.

13. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

+ 1

It's not complicated :)

14. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Nope your not the only one who's more excited. I understands its a 1.0 product and there will be some bumps. I don't mind going for the ride.

15. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Awesome post! Echo's how I feel exactly.

I will say that I am not more excited, but I was already very excited. Nearing pre-order time and once I have my order in I am going to be stoked.

16. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

I'm with OP.

I'm honestly a bit confused about all of the disappointment and even the direction of the reviews.
    The watch is supposed to compliment your phone. Glances seem to work fine, notifications seem to work fine. I guess I just wasn't surprised that the bigger apps on the watch were a bit slow and I'm not sure why I'd use the watch for those kinds of things anyway.

What I love about my Pebble is that I get my texts on my wrist and I can read them (or at least see who their from) without anyone knowing. If the watch does that, I'll be happy.

I'm willing to pay more for it because it's a good looking watch. I take pride in my appearance and I spend a fair amount (okay, a ridiculous amount) on clothes; the price is worth it to get the functionality in a less repulsive package (the Pebble Steel and Time Steel aren't exactly ugly, but nothing competes with the AW in terms of looks).

Also Apple Pay.

17. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

One of the things I didn't understand (I won't say that I hated) is how people were saying they kept checking their watches every time they got a notification, even in the middle of a sentence. I think that's a larger issue with the person and the culture in general now where they can't let that slide for a moment longer in order to even finish a thought. It's likely that their behaviour was like that previous to having the watch and it won't change now post-watch.

In my current line of work, it's quite important for me to reply to messages and phone calls, so having a Pebble is great because it lets me see who's calling me or sending me a message without pulling out my phone. The one downside is that I can't reply to messages with it and that's a major thing the Apple Watch will solve that I am very excited for.

Ditto, plus the ability to interact with them in some way without pulling out the phone. I'm still quite excited and will still get one as early as possible but it's got me contemplating moving down to a Sport... I might still get the 42mm SS Sports Band...

18. docprego macrumors 65816

The reviews seemed mostly positive to me. All of their concerns are easily addressable via software updates.

Plus the Watch is not running native apps yet, that will make a huge difference.

19. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

I think it really depends on how you define success. Current smartwatch users, apple "fan boys", and techy people in general will likely enjoy the product. I see it more as a niche product, but one with considerable potential.

I think the real question mark is can they convert the people who don't see the vision of the product. After listening to some of my friends, family, and reviewers give their two cents, I don't know if Apple have successfully convinced "average" users that it's worth the price tag.

For the record I am buying one. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out