Am I The Only One? (tried a Mac and stayed with Windows)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Confuzzeled23, May 13, 2010.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I purchased my unibody Macbook in March 2009. I loved it at first, but then I was having wireless issues, and I wasn't loving iWork or Office for the mac. I couldn't stand Mac:Messenger and I didn't like Adium either. I felt that I could do things a lot faster on Windows. So, in December 2009 I installed Windows 7 Professional and have used that as my sole operating system on my mac every since. Now, Mac lovers that I know think I am insane for doing such a thing, like I am an abomination to the mac world. In all honesty, I love Windows 7 and am not all that caught up with OS X after I owned it myself after a few months. I was just wondering if I was the only one out there that tried a Mac and stayed with Windows?
    Just thought I'd start a discussion.
    No hard feelings intended, a choice is a choice and I respect people who want to use a mac just as much as any one who uses Windows. Just wondering if I'm the only one out there like this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Are you the only one using Windows 7 on Mac hardware? Is that a serious question?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Yeah, you're the only one... you must not have drank enough of the Kool-Aid... :)

In all seriousness, I have to agree with you about iWork and Office:Mac - they just don't compare to Office 2k7 in Windows. If I were going to be doing heavy Office work all day long, I'd probably be using Windows more, too. But I just love everything else about my Mac, so I deal with the stupidity of Office 2008....

5. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

Hey, if Windows 7 works for you, go with it. For me, keep it away. Far, far away.

6. JavierP macrumors regular

Use the best tool for the job. Next time buy a Sony and save some $