Am I the only one who absolutely loves the keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicoritschel, Jul 23, 2007.

1. nicoritschel macrumors regular

Honestly, I can type faster on it than on my old treo or a blackberry. I'm averaging about 32 WPM. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The more I use it, the more I like it.

Prior to this, I only had a phone without a KB so had to text using numbers. That sucked big time.

3. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Hipnomac

I totally feel the same way, my friends always used to joke that I should sign up for the texting championship, because I was lighting fast on my treo, but I am just as fast if not even faster, because I usually don't have to hit backspace because the iphone is so smart.

4. timotheezz macrumors regular

I love how you don't have to press hard at all to type. Like I've said in other posts, it redefines the term "touch typing" :D

But on a more serious note, I'm sure we're not alone in our love for the keyboard.

Not only do I love the keyboard, I think I may be falling in love with it as well.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The keyboard has been the biggest pleasant surprise for me. I saw the videos before I got it, and expected it to work decently well. However, I never expected it to work as well as it does. The videos do not do it justice in explaining just how fast you can go on this thing. I can do 30 wpm, too, and despite my T9 abilities, this just blows it out of the water.

6. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

Some people were trying to say anything bad they could think of about my phone in class last week. Their biggest scoff was the keyboard...Well needless to say i have had my iphone since the 4th of July, so I was well prepared to show them how fast and accurately i could type on this thing. I typed "I hate this freaking class, it is so boring" in about 6-7 seconds. Needless to say they weren't making fun it anymore... Thanks Mr. Jobs!

7. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I fly on the thing.

WITH ONE FINGER!

(no thumbs thing for me yet.)

8. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I never had to "unlearn" typing on other phones so maybe I am not typical, but I do love it and I fly on the thing.

You can really get in a rhythm with it once you get your groove on.

The best way (except for passwords) is to just charge through. Especially after a while when it learns your words, I can type probably 2/3 as fast as on a regular keyboard (and that's pretty fast).

9. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

I found the learning (typo) curve to be fairly steep at first, but now I hardly ever think about it. That's exactly what you want on a feature like this -- it just works so well that you never think about it.

I do wish you could customize the key layout, though.

10. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I love the keyboard too! The autocorrect is just great! I came from a Motorola Q (full keyboard phone) and I type much faster on the iPhone than I did on my Q.

11. iBookie macrumors newbie

Biggest surprise by far

Switching from a Blackberry the keyboard was my biggest concern. There is definitely a learning curve, but like others, I feel I'm now way faster on tapping on the iPhone. I do think the predictive text was better on the Blackberry, but I expect this will improve over time on the iPhone. In the past I hated trying to type emails on my phone. Now I have no problem composing a fairly lengthy reply. Also, due to the ease of use of the keyboard,

I find myself using the Notes app ALL THE TIME. It really has been a more than adequate replacement for my Blackberry, iPaq, and 8 gig Nano.

One device to rule them all! Woo hoo! :)

12. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I love the keyboard. I can 2 thumnb type as fast or faster that I did with my Moto Q

13. The General macrumors 601

I had to type a text message on my friends phone, with the numbers. The buttons were all tough to push, I definitely wasn't used to that. It made me feel like killing myself.

I love the iPhone keyboard.:D

14. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

I think it just takes time to get used to. I do like the predictive spelling... i find myself typing a lot faster now.

15. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

You are not alone . . . I like the keyboard too.
    It took some getting used to (about a week) but now I fly with 2 thumbs! :cool:

16. mrmagic9799 macrumors newbie

mrmagic9799

one word.....Yes

17. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I loved my 8525 keyboard, but I also have gotten used to the virtual keyboard. I find myself being extremely wordy in my emails to folks b/c I like typing on it :p

18. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have loved the keyboard since Day 1.

I have fat fingers too but I have gotten used to it.

19. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

On my old phones, motos and nokias I hardly ever texted - they were a serious pain to use. I LOVE the iPhone keyboard and have grown to be very fast 30+ WPM on it - all with one finger. Now I just need to work on my dual-thumb typing.

20. GTiPhone macrumors regular

I love it too, i wish my computer keyboard was that smart