Am I the only one who has a problem with itunes match on iOS6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Roofy., Jul 13, 2012.

1. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

I cannot stand that you cant individually delete songs anymore. The only way to delete your music is to turn OFFF itunes match, and then turn it back on. What a terrible way to manage music. Why would anyone want to do that?

Not only that, but considering how buggy itunes match is, most people have to turn it off and back on to fix something. So NOW when you do that it deletes all of the music on your storage. So ridiculous.

2. TennisandMusic

Yeah it's really bad and I do not understand why. Everyone else seems to be able to do it right. Amazon MP3 works perfectly on both iPhone and Android phones. Google's music service works perfectly on Android.

Could never figure out what gives with iTunes Match...

3. cvam1985 macrumors regular

What I'd like to know is how to get playlists to update.

In iOS 5 - I would add a song to a playlist iTunes in OSX, then in less than 30 seconds usually the song was visible in the playlist on my iPhone.

Now, it only adds the song under "songs" and won't update the playlist.

This, combined with the H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E quality of streamed songs (99 percent of the time) plus the fact that once it streams like crap there's no way to "re-download" it......makes me think I'll be using Google Music til iOS6 is outta Beta.

I hope and pray it's all cleaned up by the time GM rolls. If not, Match+Maps=iOS6 fail for me :-(

4. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

As a developer, you probably shouldn't be using iOS6 on your daily use phone.

5. cvam1985 macrumors regular

Thanks for the common knowledge. As a starting poor developer I can't afford anything but a "daily use phone."

6. morphineseason macrumors regular

Anyone had a chance to test iTunes Match in beta 3 yet? Were any of the issues resolved? Does it still delete all of your current music if you turn on iTunes Match?

7. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

It Does. I had roughly 800 songs from iTunes synced prior to turning it on. Poof, all music gone. It is PAINFULLY slow to download all music back through iTunes Match. Not enjoying this at the moment lol

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

at least on my 4S iTunes match has erased all music on the device whenever match is enabled since iOS 5.0 and with iOS 5 as well I had no issues. Playlists and new music were almost instant.

To erase music you don't have to turn off iTunes match on iOS 5 or iOS 6 simply go to settings->general->usage and select delete music. No it is not a way to individually delete songs.

I've had a few random problems with iOS 6 and the music app but nothing with iTunes match. If you are having issues or would like a feature simply go to the dev portal and report a bug or submit a feature request. I know its been said way too many times but beta's are not meant for daily devices, and certain OS features may not be there including the ability to individually delete a song(was this even an option is iOS 5? i never tried it)

9. macgeek727 macrumors newbie

Good some other people are on the same level as me.....ya i know that really pisses me off A) i wanna download maybe only song at a time but it wont let me;' i have to DL the whole album. B) i hate that i have to turn off and on itunes match to manage the music....they really need to fix it....and C) on beta 3 they need to fix it because it crashes all the time now.

10. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

yeah it deletes all the music when you turn it on. that piss me off a lot. its a pain to re download 600 songs from the cloud again. hope it get fixed on the next beta, bacause im a heavy itunes match user :(

11. dethmaShine macrumors 68000

1. Individual songs cannot be downloaded.
    2. Individual songs cannot be deleted.
    3. Sometimes cannot stream/download songs on wifi or 3G. Implementation is weak and very buggy.
    4. Some of the artwork is screwed up. For e.g. In some cases iTunes would display a single's artwork if the album contained a particular single.
    5. Still no lyrics or count sync.
    6. iTunes doesn't download songs properly. Sometimes hangs on 'processing'.
    7. Removing a particular appleID will delete the entire music collection (not necessarily a bug- more of a feature).
    8. ****ed up implementation of already downloaded songs: already downloaded songs when played wont necessarily play because... well I don't know. They take about 1-5 seconds and then play. If I put the phone on airplane mode, they play instantly. Maybe something gets cached or synced. Don't know. Just bad implementation.
    9. If I play track 4 of an album, it wouldn't play track 4. It would play track 5. Tap track 4 again and it will play track 4.
    10. Complete my album only shows up for songs downloaded under iOS 6 (maybe for now? Maybe for me only?).
    11. Similarity, iTunes Store would only show play in front of those things that are downloaded when usin iOS 6.
    12. Music app is slow and clunky. Honestly, iOS is supposed to be great for media and stuff. But it has sucked indefinitely since the launch of iOS 4.3.