Resolved Am I the only one? [who hates the idea of flat]

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Not that I think it *will* be flat but you're not alone.

Flat design is synonymous with lazy designer.

There's a 100% chance that no matter what Apple announces, the tech blogs and commenters will scream "but, but... Google, Google, Google. Apple is done. Sky is falling".

So predictable.
That comment is synonymous with ignorance. :rolleyes:

Minimalism = lazy.
Let me guess you like gradients, outer glows, bevel and emboss plastered all over the place...

Saying minimalism is laziness is very ignorant. Try telling that to professional designers. There's a saying: less=more.

Minimalism requires using the elements of design including, shapes, colors, typography, proportions, repetition / rhythm, lines, etc. Just because it looks simple and flat doesn't mean thought wasn't put into it.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Going by your post history, I'm not surprised by your comments. I bet if/when Apple goes flat and Google were to go glossy and what not, you would all of the sudden love flat design because Apple does it.

Last edited:

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
It worries me a wee bit, but I'll reserve judgment until I see it. I do dislike skeuomorphism... reminds me of old station wagon with wood paneling...

But I digress...

Remember that Coke recovered from the New Coke...

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
It worries me a wee bit, but I'll reserve judgment until I see it. I do dislike skeuomorphism... reminds me of old station wagon with wood paneling...

But I digress...

Remember that Coke recovered from the New Coke...
They didn't recover.. they reverted back to classic.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
EDIT: Going by your post history, I'm not surprised by your comments. I bet if/when Apple goes flat and Google were to go glossy and what not, you would all of the sudden love flat design because Apple does it.
*IF* Apple went with a boring, uninspired design, it would be a mistake. If Google actually hired a competent designer and came up with something nice, it would be a good step.

I doubt that Apple is going to throw everything they were based around out the window in favour of the current hipster trend of flat "design", though.

Thats why you're not a designer :p
No, that's why I'm not a hipster latching on to a flawed "design fad".

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
OP here. So I hate to resurrect this thread, but, I thought I'd let you all know that iOS 7 isn't as bad as I thought it would be before WWDC. As some of you said, I should've waited until today to make a judgment.