Am I the only one who likes color?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FroColin, Feb 20, 2011.

1. FroColin macrumors regular

All of the sudden I am hearing that everyone wants all the features of color incorporated into FCP. I always thought that color was one of the best features of the FCS package. In my mind it was always a great way to help rid FCP of software bloat, but everyone wants Color in FCP. Am I missing something? What do you guys think

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

You're definitely not the only one... I love Color and use it regularly as a freelance colorist. I just finished a music video today with it. It is amazingly powerful and I think that most of the people that would like to see it folded into FCP don't use most of its features anyway and are just wanting an improved 3-way CC filter.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Even though Color and FCP conspired to completely screw me over and cost me about 8hrs of work (while up against a deadline, of course) a couple of weeks ago I like the program very much. I have a wish list a mile long for improvements but it is a very powerful program that was basically added for free to the Final Cut suite. Before Blackmagic Design dropped the price of DaVinci to $999 there was nothing that could come remotely close to the price/performance you get with Color.

Especially because of the suck-tacular round tripping between FCP and Color I can see people wanting Color to be more filter/plug-in style but I think that would lead to a very bloated program or a very dumbed down version of Color.

Lethal

4. turbobass macrumors 6502

Does Color support true-color monitor / BNC outputs yet?

I remember when it first came out that the feature was *in* the program but had not yet been activated and was pending a patch...

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Color has always supported monitoring out via something like an AJA or Blackmagic card. Monitoring out via FireWire though is still a grayed-out option.

Lethal