Am I the only one who likes Launchpad?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mark28, Aug 20, 2011.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

I rarely use the Application folder to be honest :p

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I very much doubt it, I am sure lots of people like it

I dont use either Launchpad or App Folder (very rarely anyway)

3. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

I like having an overview of my custom apps, and those of Apple. But I rarely use it. For one, the animation for loading it is pretty slow/buggy, and I use Alfred to launch all my apps, which is a lot quicker.

4. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

I use Spotlight for when I clearly remember the name of the app I'm trying to launch and already have my hand on the keyboard anyway. Sometimes though I just have an app's icon in mind, or even just the category, and for such cases Launchpad is great, especially because you can get in and out of it so fast with a super-simple gesture.

5. marc11 macrumors 68000

I like it and use it with Mission Control 100% of the time now.

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

No, I love launchpad and mission control. I think it just makes everything so much easier. I think launchpad is a huge timesaver especially with the new gestures in Lion. Its much easier than searching through the apps folder to open a program, and I use it every day.

For mission control, I didn't like the way expose in SL was particular to a certain space because I would often have to cycle through my spaces to figure out where a program was. With mission control all the apps are right there and I can choose which one I need no matter which space it's in.

I know that a lot of people are complaining about the new features, but I haven't yet found one that I didn't like or had to turn off. The new scrolling makes a lot of sense and has because natural to me after only a few days of using it. Overall Lion has been a great upgrade for me.

7. abta1 macrumors 6502

I like it too. Although probably more for the change rather than functionality.

I never really like the applications folder.

8. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I took it out of the dock and use the gesture 'mode'

9. rangen macrumors regular

rangen

always spotlight

launchpad serves no purpose for me

10. QuarterSwede, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I didn't like it until I took 30 minutes and organized it. I've moved all my application shortcuts out of the dock (it now only shows running apps) and into LaunchPad and have my folders organized in a manner that is like my iPhone for consistency. I set F10 to launch LaunchPad. I find I usually use Spotlight to launch well known apps and LaunchPad is great for when I don't quite remember an app name.

[​IMG]

11. xpipe macrumors regular

I always used the application folder in the dock, and figured launchpad is a needless duplication of what was already there. It kind of is, I still think, and doesn't make much sense if using a mouse and clicking the dock icon. But with a trackpad and accessed via gesture, I like it. So I give it a "thumbs up".

12. L0s7man macrumors 6502

It's pretty. What not to like? It's fairly hard to edit though so full of clutter...

And it's absolutely pointless... If you haven't tried Alfred yet, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Or Quicksilver.

You can launch apps, move files around and do a lot of stuff in a fraction of the time it takes you without it.

Hell, I even use Alfred as an app switcher of sorts. I found a very efficient use of it to jump between apps when I write code.