Am i the only one wishing for and HDMI in?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMarvin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Highly doubt it but it would be freaking awesome. :rolleyes:

Regards, iMarvin.

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I want it so I can hook up my Xbox and get rid of the 32" TV that's also on my desk. Not expecting it though.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

4. cooky560 macrumors regular

cooky560

I'd like to see a HDMI port, if it could be used for recording, and in reverse so I could watch stuff I've bought on iTunes on my TV

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Well, there are three separate functions being talked about here. I don't think you can do all of them with a single port.

1) HDMI input which would go directly to the display. This would let you use the iMac like a TV. Currently this only works using a Thunderbolt cable and only with other Thunderbolt equipped computers.

2) HDMI video capture port which would let you record the HDMI input from within OSX. This can be done currently but requires an external video capture box.

3) HDMI output, which would let you hook the iMac up to a TV. This you can already do with a Mini-Displayport to HDMI cable.

6. sukai macrumors regular

Ahaha you are definitely not the only one lol. Its been talked about here but put down quickly because some say its something apple might not do, and perhaps put it on thunderbolt displays.

I realy hope they have it though :D

7. cooky560 macrumors regular

cooky560

I have a HDMI set-top box for my TV that offers all 3 functions from 1 port, just not all at the same time.

With a little routing 1 and 2 can also be combined:

Instead of sending the HDMI port directly to the display OSX can capture it in a sizeable + fullscreen window, which also includes the ability to capture, hence playback and recording at the same time.

8. KimJongEun macrumors newbie

KimJongEun

I'd love an HDMI input, or even a working HDMI>Thunderbolt adaptor.