Am I the only one with this? iPad 2, glitchy screen-on

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yumunum, May 25, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if your talking about the vertical and horizontal lines, then no I don't have this issue.

3. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Yeah, the colorful lines.

I also get it when I rapidly press the lock/screen on button. (Not that I would do that in normal use)

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've never seen that before.

I would recommend you document this issue on video as often as you can when this happens, so that if your screen ever stops working, you have video back dated to prove to an Apple Genius that this was a re-accuring issue and you didn't suddenly break your iPad.

If you don't want to replace it, you can even go to an Apple Store and have a Genius note your iPads account of this issue, again, just to be safe in the future.

$0.02

5. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

What's really lame, is that I just returned my iPad today because of backlight bleeding. I get a new one with 90% less backlight bleeding, but now I have this! *sigh* I have Black Tie protection (from Best Buy), which is how I got mine replaced. I'd hate to go back there for this... If I went to an Apple store, got it replaced, would that make my new iPad not covered by my Black Tie? Anyone have a similar situation like that?

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Am I the only one with this? iPad 2, glitchy screen-on
    I have the same problem as this guy

Asked and answered!

7. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Oh wow, I really answered my own question then didn't I. That wasn't exactly the point of the thread though, I see that at least some people have the problem, but I want to see how wide-spread it is. I just worded my topic title wrong! XP

8. Gqsmooth1981 macrumors newbie

Why would you need to do that to begin with? I tested on mine and it doesn't do that. I'm assuming your probably choice to not get the Sc or else you probably wouldn't even have noticed that was an issue.