Am I the only one worried about store pickup?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SeanZy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Okay. So I had ordered a 16GB 4G but decided that it was going too small, cancelled it, and ordered a 32GB 4G model for in store pickup.

Now, there are a couple things that are worrying me.

One. When I first ordered my 16GB (right after the announcement), in store pickup was not an option. Then it quietly showed up as an option. Now, my concern here is that maybe it was a mistake that they allowed these because now, you can no longer pickup in store (im assuming because all shipping dates slipped back, but not sure).

Two. I have not been charged yet. Now I now that Apple doesnt charge until they ship (which is ******** by the way they took the full amount for the 16GB while it was still processing), but I do not know when they charge for pickup.

I am a little worried that until they actually take my money, something can definitely go wrong with my order.

I dont know, the whole store pickup not being there, then appearing, and then disappearing has me a little worried. Should I not be? I feel like they would have mentioned in store pickup preorder at the keynote if they really wanted them to happen.

2. falcora macrumors 6502

I wouldn't worry, in-store pickup was definitely an option and not an error. The reason why you can't select in-store pickup anymore is because they are backordered already.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

They'll put a hold on the amount but you won't be charged until it ships. Putting it another way, the amount of credit you have available would have been reduced but it wouldn't appear on a billing statement until shipment occurred.

4. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

To me, charging and putting a hold on the amount I have is the same thing.