Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dorkington, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

...who is *excited* by the overall tablet market this year?

Yes, I'm likely to stick with iPads for now, but love that Honeycomb is looking great, that quality hardware is coming for them, that HP and RIM's tablets are looking good as well.

It's a new market, and it's exciting to see the competition. As a consumer, this is going to benefit me the most, because there are going to be so many awesome things to come down the line. :D

*nerd moment*

2. urkel macrumors 68030

I have no intention on switching from Apple stuff, but I have to admit that the UI concepts on the other tablets make the iPad feel like a toy (dont get mad, toys are cool!). Non-obtrusive notifications, widgets, slick multitasking, real cameras etc are all things that give the tablet market more credibility as productivity tools than just being "App Launchers". So I hope to see some Apple-esque improvements on all these ideas in the next versions of iOS.

3. No1up macrumors regular

I can't wait to see the HP webOS looks nice, and this would be one tablet I would wait for to get apps. I like that HP is taking time to make it the best they can. Not shoving it out the door, with I.O.Us lol

4. danest macrumors member

I am excited about a few android tablets but I just hope that the prices get lowered to arounds apples 500$ spot and then they will become much better.

5. No1up macrumors regular

:rolleyes:
    no doubt you'll find xoom tablets on craiglist, $400 and down in a few months.

6. urkel macrumors 68030

WebOS has this cool feature where their family of devices "magically" sense each other and allow transfer of photo/data/video/song right over. The problem with that is... how many people will own a Pre 3 AND a Touchpad.

So whats crazy to me is that Apple doesnt have that transfer technology built in. With iPhone and iPad being so popular then many of us own multiple iOS devices so they should be able to sense each other and make sharing simpler. (i know there's the bump app but this stuff should be native)

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

will be better than 2010... I can tell you that!

8. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I would be somewhat more interested in the xoom... if the price was a lot lower!

9. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

The tablet market is definitely pretty interesting this year. What I think will surprise people the most will be when iOS 5 is released. Apple has not played all their cards yet in the "Year of the iPad 2" so when comparing the OS's keep that in mind.