Am I the only one....

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I was really looking forward to opening a bottle of wine and watching a good ole' fashioned two-hour-long Stevenote tonight...only 1 hour. Blah.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
Tell me about it!
Here's a brief summary of the keynote:
We've sold a lot of stuff, thanks.
Here's some news to rock your world: We're moving completely to intel.
Don't worry though, cos we've actually been doing this all along, and have some neat stuff to confuse you and try to convince you not to worry and you should still go out and buy a $3000 computer with a chip that will not be in use in 2 years..
Here's a few more people to tell you not to worry: CEOs of other companies.
Here's some free stuff so you don't feel too bad.
Nothing else - Bye!
They could at least have had a product/significant update!

iSaint

macrumors 603
I'm still somewhat of a newbie, less than a year switched, so I'm curious: Wouldn't WWDC have announcements dealing with OS and other Apple conferences deal with product announcements? Is there a trend?

EDIT: also, it seems the discussions aren't focusing on the fact that (in the CNBC interview) Steve alluded to several developments of new product lines in regard to the Intel chip.

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Orange County, CA
iGary said:
I was really looking forward to opening a bottle of wine and watching a good ole' fashioned two-hour-long Stevenote tonight...only 1 hour. Blah.
not to mention thinking about new stuff that was introduced at the WWDC! what a letdown, i really miss the introduction of new/better/faster hardware and now all we have is speculation about how/when this macintel switch will happen. :confused:

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
One lame hour, Steve looked like a freaking dork in those K-Mart pants and black shoes with no product announcements.

Worst. Keynote. Ever.

Black shirt, jeans, white shoes, Steve. :rolleyes:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
iGary said:
One lame hour, Steve looked liek a freaking dork in those K-Mart pants and black shoes and no product announcements.
I have never understood anyone considering Steve Jobs a fashion maven during any part of his public life. :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
iGary said:
One lame hour, Steve looked like a freaking dork in those K-Mart pants and black shoes with no product announcements.

Worst. Keynote. Ever.
Didn't you say that about his last Keynote as well?

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
mkrishnan said:
I have never understood anyone considering Steve Jobs a fashion maven during any part of his public life. :eek: ;) :rolleyes:
All you have to do is wear all black and you are Fashionable. Try it!

Just don't wear all white. That's too Victoria Gotti.

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
iGary said:
I heard they are actually Wal-Mart pants. From their "Transitions" line. ;)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
iSaint said:
I'm still somewhat of a newbie, less than a year switched, so I'm curious: Wouldn't WWDC have announcements dealing with OS and other Apple conferences deal with product announcements? Is there a trend?
I believe the PowerMac G5 was announced at WWDC. So sometimes big product announcements are definitely made there.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
iGary said:

Worst. Keynote. Ever.

Black shirt, jeans, white shoes, Steve. :rolleyes:
Yes, c'mon Steve, come back...
;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Also, I was reminded of how irritating Roz Ho's voice is. And newly found out how irritating the Adobe CEO's voice is. When the guy from Wolfram was the normal one... :rolleyes:

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
mkrishnan said:
I didn't learn too much, but I thought it was pretty good showmanship. :)

**Reads showmanship, presses command+control+d, nothing happens..... realise that I am using Panther at work..... sighs and opens dictionary.com....**
ohhhhh, yeah Steve is good at that!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Sharewaredemon said:
ohhhhh, yeah Steve is good at that!
I'm always amazed when the dictionary tool reveals that I am, in fact, using real words. :D I'm never quite sure. And now I'm feeling bad though, about making fun of Roz Ho's voice. I hope she doesn't have some sort of motor impairment. :( But, please, for the love of God, stop saying "MacBew," crazy lady! :eek:

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
mkrishnan said:
I'm always amazed when the dictionary tool reveals that I am, in fact, using real words. :D I'm never quite sure. And now I'm feeling bad though, about making fun of Roz Ho's voice. I hope she doesn't have some sort of motor impairment. :( But, please, for the love of God, stop saying "MacBew," crazy lady! :eek:

I'm sorry, as I didn't watch the keynote (yet... or never, haven't decided) what is she trying to say there?

It's nice to know that words you are using are real, especially when they are good words.

To quote my sister "Words are awesome".

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Sharewaredemon said:
I'm sorry, as I didn't watch the keynote (yet... or never, haven't decided) what is she trying to say there?
Hehehe.... Microsoft calls it's Mac-folk the MacBU (Mac Business Unit). And Mohan thinks that Mac-Bee-You sounds much better than MacBew. :D But then again, Mohan was also always partial to Mac OS Ex. :eek: Which places me firmly in the heretic camp, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth, and not even a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading can keep you warm at night. :D

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
mkrishnan said:
Hehehe.... Microsoft calls it's Mac-folk the MacBU (Mac Business Unit). And Mohan thinks that Mac-Bee-You sounds much better than MacBew. :D But then again, Mohan was also always partial to Mac OS Ex. :eek: Which places me firmly in the heretic camp, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth, and not even a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading can keep you warm at night. :D
ooooooooooooOOoOoooooooooh.

that's silly!

But perhaps funny, maybe I will watch this keynote, for comedic value, Jobs wearing all black, a grown woman who sounds like she's 4, you know, this is starting to sound like that vault of horrors photoshop thread from a while ago.

Oh yeah, I always called it Ex.

Sorry if that offends anyone, I hope I haven't lost too many friends on this board.