Am I the only one..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Southernboyj, May 5, 2012.

1. Southernboyj, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012

Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Am I the only want who couldn't care less about a redesigned MBP?
    I still think the current design looks great.
    (Only thing I'd really like is replacing the optical drive with a SSD Boot drive and Ivy Bridge)
    And even at that, for 200-300 cheaper, I'll take the 2011 Refurb over 2012.

:rolleyes:

2. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

All depends what it looks like :)

Just got my 15" but if the new one is looking better then I'll sell this and get that :)

Its all bout looks too :)

3. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I could really careless about the redesign. I just picked up a late 2011 MBP and love it, I love the design, form factor, features, just everything about it. I suppose if I was in the market I would be interested in the redesign but I am not.

4. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I just want to see what gfx card they stick in the 15".

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

6. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

I agree, there's not much you can really improve with the current design and still be a laptop, unless you want to offer different colors.

7. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

The current MBP's have a very minimalist design. I'm curious as to how Apple will change the aesthetics with the next generation MBP's.

8. Liquinn Suspended

True, you don't want to over-do the design haha.

9. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

What a silly American phrase - "could care less". You therefore do care an unspecified amount.

If you said "I couldn't care less" I would understand.

Regardless, I think a redesign would be a bonus, not essential. I'd be more interested in a better screen pixel density, power and battery life. If they're gonna throw away the ODD, then chuck in a dedicated GPU (13 inch).

10. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

I'm sure you're not. I'm hoping there isn't a redesign, to be honest. Although the prospect of a slightly better battery is tempting, I'd prefer to keep the current design over a thinner, or God forbid even a tapered design like the Air.

11. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

If they could reduce the bezel around the screen and change to a 16:9 ratio (I hope they don't) it would reduce the size and change the look

12. Southernboyj, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012

Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

To your first statement, I'm sorry my "American phrases" bother you.

As to the relevancy of your post, I agree, greater pixel density (Atleast on par with the MBA) and dedicated graphics would be nice.

13. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

The second phrase is the correct one, and has been corrupted by the masses who don't pay attention to what they're saying hoping you will divine the correct meaning from the situation. I grew up hearing the second phrase, not the first. It's like the word "irregardless", which isn't a word. People seem to think it means the same thing as "regardless".

14. swingerofbirch macrumors 68040

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I like the current design, but new designs are fun. I think the current options are kind of weak and over priced on the MacBook Pro 13" (the only one I pay attention to). They definitely needs cheaper SSDs and to lose the optical drive (and hopefully get better ventilation to let them run at full throttle without becoming super hot and throttling the processors). I assume if they eliminate the optical drive that will probably lead Apple to try to make them thinner. I'd prefer they stay a similar size and add a discrete GPU and a second and or better fan! I wouldn't mind if the design were the same. Although the glass screen is difficult to see outside, it's really nice in terms of being able to clean it easily, and I like the black border.

15. d0vr macrumors 6502a

It's like how some Americans will just drop random syllables as they say certain words - it's perfectly acceptable to just drop random words as well. :p

Regarding redesign, on one hand, if they keep the same design my current macbook's resale value won't drop as much, but on the other hand... redesign and potentially thinner!

16. NewGuyHere macrumors regular

Personally I think they are thin enough, maybe instead of making things thinner they could try something else to add to mbp taste.

17. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

The new MBP 13" should have 1440x900 pixels, like the MBA. This would be even more awesome than thinness.

18. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

My face when I realize how many trolls are on MacRumors.

[​IMG]

I'll edit the OP to make you happy.

19. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Dont cry little one:D

Any way yes I would MUCH rather have an SSD instead of the optical drive who even uses that?

20. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I've used my optical drive!... Once in the past year.

21. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Every thing digitalized these days so I dont know why apple doesnt put in a SSD in place of the DVD drive:confused::confused:

22. Dreday24 macrumors regular

hopefully they redesign them with proper cooling.