Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jason1162, Aug 30, 2012.

1. jason1162 macrumors newbie

Who desperately wants the app that was featured in the BBC programme "Horizon:How big is the universe?"
    Anyone know anything about it? For those that didn't see the show it was created by a photographer that photographed millions of stars in our Milky Way and seemed to work like some of the ones in the app store (hold it up to the night sky) but the main difference was that it would show you millions of stars invisible to the naked eye. It looked very cool to,say the least.

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Why settle for an app?

Get a quality night vision monocular at your sporting goods store. You will be absolutely stunned how many more stars you can see.

Picture how completely blanketed in stars the night sky is when you are far away from light pollution.

Now imagine 1000x as many stars. That's what it is like looking at the night sky with night vision.

3. 725032 Guest

Sounds like many other apps out there... Boring

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

We've been using Star Walk since it came out a couple of years ago. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better or more entertaining app at multiples of the $4.99 price.

5. Chisy macrumors newbie

It's called 'sky survey'...£1.99 on UK iTunes store...enjoy

6. jaysen macrumors 6502

Pretty cool

7. jason1162, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

jason1162 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hilarious. Oh how I laughed...

Reads like many replies on here...Boring

Thank you Chisy. Will purchase ASAP as the 5 star reviews totally back up my initial thoughts from the programme.