Am I the only one....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DMaki650, Dec 21, 2015.

1. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

I'm having an issue with iMessage. It's not work at all. I turned it off and back on and my messages don't wanna send at all. They default to text messages. Can't find anything about this issue today. Also my friend who lives in New Jersey is now having the same issue. He only can send texts as a regular text message.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Could be an outage somewhere with Apple. I'm in Phoenix, Arizona and have been iMessaging my wife all day. No issues.

3. DMaki650 thread starter macrumors 6502

DMaki650

I thought that as well. But iMessage well work for a small bit and then not work. Now it's back up and working fine. It keeps going down and then it starts up working again.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Keep in mind that both devices in an iMessage have to have a stable broadband connection, and if either or both lose that broadband connection, the message will be sent as SMS. I live in a rural area of Texas, and this happens to me frequently.

5. Luke_Macadam macrumors newbie

Luke_Macadam

In this case, I think the problem can be:
    1. Network issues on your iPhone: Check Wifi/cellular network. Try opening a webpage in Safari. If it doesn’t work, the problem is with the network.
    2. Server issues with iMessage: This is out of your control. Sometimes, Apple’s servers managing iMessage go down, causing massive iMessage outages. If that’s the case, you just need to wait a while.