Am I the only one?...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Schmoe0013, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Am I the only one who prefers the current MacBook Pro keyboard design over the Macbook, and now Apple Keyboard design.

I prefer no gap between the keys, and they have more "action" so you know when you are hitting the keys.

My preference is if Apple does redesign the macbook pro, I really hope that they keep the current keyboard.

Anyone else have the same viewpoint?

2. Techsavyfreak macrumors member

Yeah, same with me. I like the keyboard because of the keys being indented. The MB keyboard is very snappy and responsive, but the MBP keyboard feels nicer. That would suck if they took the keyboard out of the new MBP, and put in the MB one.

3. 119576 Guest

That's like asking if I'm the only one wearing a halloween mask in February.

4. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

What an odd, yet very relative idea! XD

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I have a new wireless kb at work and it's very nice, but I prefer the MBP kb. Nice touch, no "clack".

6. Wireless Buddy macrumors regular

Yeah, the MBP has the same layout as my iBook including the small enter key next to the arrow keys. And the MBP has a nice soft feel. :apple:

7. Animalk macrumors 6502

I have never been able to get accustomed to the MacBook keyboard. It is one of many factors that made me lean more towards a MBP instead of an MB. I do allot of typing as a software developer so this kind of thing is very important to me. I also was quite annoyed by the sound of the keystrokes on an MB. The MBP is not my ideal keyboard either but it was much closer to what I want then the MB. The MBP took a bit of getting used to at first and for a brief period of time I was actually unhappy with the keyboard on it but I now love the way it feels. The only thing that bothers me now is that the keys start to reposition themselves according to the way you type and leads to uneven spacing between certain keys as well as uneven leveling of others. But no big deal i suppose.