am i the only one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bassproguy07, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

Ok, I have been reading a lot of posts about people getting dropped calls and what not but I dont seem to have that problem. I don't use my iPhone as a phone that much but when I do it seems to work great. I am in the Houston area, and although i don't get 3G at my home I haven't noticed any dropped calls when in a 3G area. just trying to see if i'm the only one, although I am pretty sure I am not!

2. heyp macrumors 6502

i'm in indy and i haven't really had any issues with the 3G network either

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I had a dropped call a few weeks ago in a store the size of 3 football fields. Aside from that (and maybe one or two others when my signal showed it was very weak), nope. However, if the rumors of some companies 3G chip being crap are true, that wouldn't shock me at all on the new phones. There's a reason to never be the first to gamma test devices. Wait a year like I did and be part of the delta-testing group.

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

5. Geffen macrumors 6502

I haven't had any issues either with dropped calls or other issues i've seen on different threads i guess i must have been lucky enough to get one thats flawless.

6. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

You're not alone at all. I haven't had any problems with my 3G, and neither have any of my 3G-owning friends.

Don't forget that people tend to post about problems about 100-1 over non-problems. :)

7. royaltannenbomb macrumors newbie

no problems for me in florida. the 3g isnt as fast as expected, but the actual phone gets great service.

8. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

mine sucks. I have 3G turned off until they fix it. I get easily 15-20 dropped calls per day with it on. :mad:

9. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

WOW! Where are you?

10. dboy261 macrumors newbie

Im glad iam not the only one

i know with all this nagitive feedback i was beging to get scared.. just waiting for my phone to freeze up and start fallin apart right in my hand.. but i really have had no problems. althou the first time i pluged it in to the computer i had to restore. but sence then its ben almost flaw less 3g is pretty good in my area (seattle/Tacoma) althou i turn it off most the time to save on batt power. that would be the only thing i would say i wish was better. i get about 8-10 hours of madirate use on a full charge. but i heard the batt takes some conditioning ive only had it about 7 days. but i would say Im way happy with it no crasy apps no droped calls quick responce. I phone rocks in my book.. hope this thread keeps going i like to hear outher people havieing postive experiences with the phone. at least i know mine is not a fluke ... Thank god

Dan Baxter