Am I too connected?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by William Gates, Mar 11, 2008.

1. William Gates macrumors 6502

William Gates

With my iPhone I'm sending emails, text messages, making calls, sending facebook messages and posting on peoples walls all throughout the day. It's gotten me completely on top of keeping in touch with my people. The problem, however, is my friends that don't have iPhones, and aren't as well connected.

I recently tried to organize a bachelor party by texting everyone and keeping them updated on the status of the planning. The way texting is viewed as a chat on the iPhone makes it extremely convenient for me. Anyway, the groom called me last night and told me that half of the party was completely confused and said I should have done it by email. To me, texting and email have little difference, and i figured it would be easier to immediately notify everyone by texting. Is it because they're guys? or do they all need to go out and buy iPhones?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, it's great that you have a portable computer. If you had sent it to me, however, I would have gotten about 10 words per page, thus making it hard to follow what you were talking about. If you'd attached a map or something somehow I wouldn't have gotten it at all. And any web links would have been useless on my phone.

To top it off, the "from" would have been some random phone number rather than a name I could identify like with e-mail.

I'm betting some of the people in your party have phones like mine.

You've got to consider your audience. For most people's phones, texting isn't good for anything more than short messages.

3. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

being connected is fine and dandy when its incoming. But I have come into alot of the same problems when planning parties or get togethers. A mobile app for evite would be great. I could set it up on the phone and it was text or e-mail as I specify the pertinant info without fluff. Easy to read on smaller screened phones but good enough for everyone. And if you have the evite app on your iPhone, wondows mobile, etc, you can see the extended info as you would in your computer via e-mail.

5. NurseChris macrumors member

Fear not, for soon they will see the light and know what living is!

6. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Haha of course ;)

Once the FW2.0 comes out late June and the apps start rolling out, the iPhone will seriously get even more hype than it already does!

iPhone = A standard of living.

7. NurseChris macrumors member

Where once the sunny D sat in the fridge there will be an iphone.