Am I totally screwed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gosling, Sep 25, 2007.

1. gosling macrumors newbie

I am currently awaiting my new iPod Touch (which i bought off eBay) from USPS.

However, after reading news on these threads, I'm beginning to think that I'm totally screwed. Please tell me what chance i have of mine having a negative black problem, and if so, exchanging it in CANADA, as thats where i am from (The seller on eBay bought it in Texas) given the following info:

8GB
    9C737xxxxxx
    Purchased from Texas Apple Store on the 18th.
    Purchased by me on eBay on the 21st
    Shipped with Online Apple Receipt
    I am in the Toronto Area

2. nirvana06 macrumors regular

A bus to Buffalo and back is 30 bucks. There you could have bought 16GB for 430 Canadian total.

But...don't worry about it now, wait and see what you have. My serial # is from week 37 and mine was good. I hope you getting a receipt , if you do have problems might have to wait until Apple store in Toronto gets one or drive to Buffalo.

3. ds252 macrumors regular

4. gosling thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, but do you guys think that they will accept an originally American purchased iPod for an exchange at a Canadian apple store, even with the American Apple Store Reciept, eBay receipt and paypal reciept?

5. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503

Yes, I think they will.

I called my Apple Store as I plan on exchanging my 8gb Touch. I purchased mine from Best Buy and asked if I could exchange it there.

He said and I quote "Apples stands by their products and is willing to fulfill its obligation to the consumer"

I was actually kind of not expecting that. But hell; maybe it is just my store (the MOA store).

Good luck!

6. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

Yes your screwed! You might as well send it to me. :)

7. Matteh117 macrumors regular

My friends week 37 is fine, mine has slight negative effect.

Not ALL week 37 are bad.. just most of them. :( You might get lucky.

8. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

I was lucky with my week 37 touch, bought from an Apple Store and the screen is fine :)

9. gosling thread starter macrumors newbie

Funny!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but dont all 9C737 have the problem, and all 1A737 have no problem, because thats whats seems to be happening on these forums.