Am i weird?

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
451
0
:rolleyes: Well the only this stopping me from buying a mini is that i have a black monitor black keybord and mouse.Will the mini look good or stand out next to a black monitor. :D
 

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
1,304
2
I feel the same way. Silver Computer, Black Monitor, White kb + mouse. Its strange.

Look into HP LCDs, they look like they may match the mini. Apple should sell a 17" Widescreen LCD for $400. People would definatly but it.
 

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
1,195
0
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
It will look horribble, everyone will start to hate you, your girlfriend will cheat on you, and your parents will disown you. :rolleyes:

If you are too worried about looks. And yes I know Apple's look great but is a Mini.
 

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
451
0
whew i thougt it was just me that felt that way.steve jobs should have said "Trade in your old keyboards and monitors we will supply ones that match.
 

rozwell

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2004
240
1
i only buy things that match. except for the grey creature speakers which look like utter CRAP compared to the white ones. i think Aluminum and white are fine together. This monitor will look nice with Al macs i think. its 17" but not wide screen. the kensington studio mice look nice, because they have both white and grey elements.
 

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
236
0
Aarhus, DK
Weird? weeeeeell not exactly weird, just vain in a geeky way.
Speaking of geek, here's me spending my saturday night in random threads at MR:D

-Squirrel
 

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
1,570
0
Memphis, TN
rozwell said:
i only buy things that match. except for the grey creature speakers which look like utter CRAP compared to the white ones. i think Aluminum and white are fine together. This monitor will look nice with Al macs i think. its 17" but not wide screen. the kensington studio mice look nice, because they have both white and grey elements.
i just got that monitor for myself a few weeks ago, and i would definitely say that it is gorgeous and would match the mini wonderfully. or a powermac (g4 or g5). or work as an external for a powerbook (or ibook if you like the white/silver thing). anyway, it's beautiful - definitely has style that is worthy of an apple.
 

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
451
0
Baby duck did you get any dead pixels or stuck pixels.thats what im worried about to.newegg just dropped the price on those.from 430 to 409
 

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
299
0
Chucktown, SC
I don't think that is weird at all. I could use the power of a G5 PowerMac, but my next purchase will be an iMac G5. Why? Because I think the PM is butt-ugly and I don't want it in my living room.
 

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
1,195
0
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
SuperChuck said:
I don't think that is weird at all. I could use the power of a G5 PowerMac, but my next purchase will be an iMac G5. Why? Because I think the PM is butt-ugly and I don't want it in my living room.
Form over functionality. I think it should be the other way around. But then again iMacs are very functional. :)
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
Crazy glue the mini to the back of the monitor, that way you wont have to worry about color coordination.
 

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
299
0
Chucktown, SC
Why are so many people suggesting that s/he hide the pretty thing rather than doing away with the ugly things? Aesthetics are obviously a concern.
 

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
8,889
25
Northern Virginia
Actually I am looking forward to getting my Mac mini. I have a Dell 2001FP (black) and the M$ usb/wireless keyboard mouse. But my desk is a glass one with black metal.
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,874
57
sjpetry said:
It will look horribble, everyone will start to hate you, your girlfriend will cheat on you, and your parents will disown you. :rolleyes:

If you are too worried about looks. And yes I know Apple's look great but is a Mini.
You wouldn't mind sending her our way, much better to have a group of people you don't know doing the deed...
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
nyprospect said:
:rolleyes: Well the only this stopping me from buying a mini is that i have a black monitor black keybord and mouse.Will the mini look good or stand out next to a black monitor. :D
Well, you could try setting it up like this:



Notice the Mac mini down in the lower-left corner... it's connected to everything, but out of your visual range so it doesn't matter if it goes with your keyboard, mouse, etc. (You'll notice everything on my desk is black, so I shared the same concern.)