Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
You ought to not be so judgmental

Camera manufacturers have developed a successful sales strategy. They want you to be deliriously happy with your new purchase, but only for a month or two... just up to the moment that the next model comes out. They want to encourage dissatisfaction with the camera you own, by suggesting the new model will makes yours ‘obsolete’. They want to keep you in a state of spendthrift paranoia, lusting after all the dubious ‘features’ and ‘programmes’ the new model offers.

From what you’ve written, you seem to have become an honourary member of Canon’s sales and marketing team. You’re playing the manufactuers’ game... when you should be writing your own rules...

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
You ought to not be so judgmental; after working eight hours and getting home at 11PM, I started thinking about this a bit after I got home and posted this thread in the middle of the night, and did all of my comparisons and number crunching from 2-4 A.M. So please, don't tell me to go pictures at 4 A.M., thanks.

We are not being judgmental. In the photography fora you will get honest and straightforward answers to your questions. That is what all of us have offered. Accept it or not. "Judgmental" is not in our vocabulary.

mac-matt

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2009
canada
promises are made to be broken. will they kick you out of the basement for making the change?? i should hope not. if you plan on pursuing a career in photography then go for it.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Lots of people shoot after working 8 hours, and there's nothing wrong with shooting at 4am.

I wasn't asking for what other people do. I was up at 6:30 A.M. that day for school (I was there for 7 hours), went home for 20 minutes afterwards to change, and then went directly to work for 8 hours as previously stated. Sorry for me wanting to say goodnight to my family after a 16+ hour day of non-stop work, rather than go shoot.

We are not being judgmental. In the photography fora you will get honest and straightforward answers to your questions. That is what all of us have offered. Accept it or not. "Judgmental" is not in our vocabulary.

It is ABSOLUTELY judgmental, whatever you want to call it is a euphemism at best. The topic was regarding my decision to possibly change DSLR bodies. Without any precedent, you and another member told me to go take pictures rather than asking a question to further my research; and better yet it was in the middle of the night (My parents aren't overly strict, but they're not cool with me going and shooting at 4 A.M., especially when I had to be up in less than five hours). My question was not regarding when I should shoot or if I should shoot right then.

For what it's worth, I don't think I am going to be changing bodies at this time. It's just not worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.