Am in despair!! 3G stuck at Apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by beckersuk, Jan 20, 2011.

1. beckersuk macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3G is stuck on the Apple logo for some reason. I have tried restoring the phone, i have put itinto DFU mode. Nothing is working. I can plug the phone into my laptop with or without iTunes running and it wont register until i press and hold the home button. I can't even restore from backup and of course i cant turn the damn thing off. Even starting with a 'new' restore dosn't work.

I dont have an apple store near me, and i've spent hours trawling the net for help. Someone must know what is wrong with the stupid thing?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. beckersuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i've already done that, like i said nothing works. Just a dumb looking apple on my screen :-(

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You said it won't register until you press and hold the home button (recovery mode). What happens then. Does it try to restore and give you an error?

5. beckersuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not sure whats wrong with it anymore. i managed to force it somehow into the DFU mode, and restored it to factory settings. that was ok for a while, i installed the facebook app great, reset the time and date but it was running really slow then froze. i plugged it back into the computer where it again failed to register and is again stuck on the apple screen with a little wheel in the middle. thats about it for now.

6. beckersuk thread starter macrumors newbie

No i dont get any error messages at all, i can restore the phone to an earlier version that i backed up in October, and it will load up all the apps, photos, music and other things, but when itunes tells me it will restart, the phone never comes off of the apple logo with a small wheel spinning. I can still force itunes to see the phone in recovery mode and DFU mode and i can restore it to new or a backup but it makes no difference. still stuck with the logo.

7. beckersuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok as of now, i have put the paperweight into recovery mode. as in the screen shows a usb cable pointing to the itunes logo. As far as i can see the phone is stuck in a 'recovery loop' no idea what to do next, Apple want to charge me £150 for the pleasure of looking at it for me.