Am in need of a graduate position

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jimmieboy, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

So I'm in the last year of my degree and I'm having troubles finding a graduate position in Australia, my home Country. I'm studying for a bachelor of business, with a finance major, at an Australian University. My results are of a high credit average and I have had work experience with an investment firm for a number of months.

I'm interested in any ideas anyone here has, for options as to what to do. I was hoping to secure a position to begin full time work next year, however, as time progress, this is looking less and less likely. I'm happy to move to any where on the globe and I've been looking into getting an overseas graduate position. I graduate in December, so I can't really start till early next year. I've checked out e-financialcareers, but haven't really found anything there. I'm looking to get into anything corporate finance, or financial markets related, even some form of equities research or funds management entry level position would be cool. If any one out there has ideas of where to search for jobs, or maybe you're even cool enough to get me an interview with the Company you work for (provided it's relevant), I'd like to hear from you!

EDIT: Let me not forget to mention I'm enrolled in level I of the CFA program. Hooray!

2. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy