AM not being rude, whats with all the SL questions

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by sonspot, Aug 26, 2009.

1. sonspot macrumors member

Hi everyone:D, can someone please make a sticky for SL, everyday i come here to learn something new about mac but all i see (IMO) are dumb SL questions. guess am not as excited as most people about this OS but IMO its not a huge leap as far as i can see..

thanks, hope i did not offend anyone..

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

IMO, there are a lot of needless questions/threads about a lot of things on the iBook/MB board.

C'mon, how many "which RAM" and "which HD" threads do we need? ;)

Although, many say there's no such thing as dumb questions, just dumb answers. We're (forum members) here to help, so we will continue to do that! :)

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It's always this way when something new comes out. I tend to follow less threads during these times because of it, and I am mostly avoiding all SL related threads because I find them pointless too. I'm getting SL soon too along with a new MacBook Pro, but I see no reason to ask a bunch of questions that will be answered once I have the machine and OS in front of me. Then again, I almost never have a question I can't answer myself.

4. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

A sticky would be awesome, and not just for SL, for many other things too.

Too bad this forum doesn't believe in stickies... :rolleyes:

5. sonspot thread starter macrumors member

:D:D, i see all these HDD, ram post too, sometimes more than three on the SAME PAGE :eek: but i most say you guys are great, you try to help out..

thanks

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I really feel for the poor moderators in the coming days and weeks. SL isn't even officially out yet and the forums are inundated with needless threads asking questions that have been answered a thousand times already. Yes, this always happens to some extent when apple has a major release but it's really worse this time...just terrible...people are so lazy they won't even try to look for a simple answer that they *know* has been posted countless times already....end rant.....oh yeah!

7. sonspot thread starter macrumors member

am not picking on anyone, so please don't be offended, i learned everything i know about computing on my own, back in the day with my tandy, dos, win 3.1 and so on, today everyone got the internet (the best tool you could ask for).

am new to the mac world and some of the questions i see about SL are just "retarted", all the upgrade questions, dont get me wrong asking questions is good but the OS is not out yet ;) (am sure if some of looked at about this mac, the OX would say 10.6:eek:),,. seriously if dont know by know to backup your stuff before upgrading or other OS and APP change, your a lost cause:(. (not really:p).

8. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

sounds like we need over-flow mods!:p

*raises hand....*:D

9. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I'd probably go delete and lock crazy if they gave me that ability so I'll keep my hand down. I report a bit of posts daily as is, so I already feel like a half-mod.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm on practically 24/7… just a thought. :p

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I never say LOL, but did anyone else literally laugh out loud with that one?

Anyone seen "The Hangover"? Haha

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

So what would you want to cover, in a sticky for SL?

Price, problems, hints and tips, issues, compatible apps, incompatible apps, favorite usages, upgrade routes, clean install vs upgrade....

The topic deserves a few threads.

But you're right, there should be a sticky :p

13. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

I thought we already had a generic SL thread ... yours. ;)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=511801

14. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Humm.... Wannah head that up t0mat0?:p