Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
Im not even sure what im looking is called so i will do my best to describe it, im very new to this actually i dont even know if this is the right place to post this, sorry in advance if its not.

I want to do some light animations/videos and i have no idea where to start. Things like the Apple startup intro video i wonder how to make things like that. I also want to start in photoshop as well. If i spend enough time with this can i teach myself the basics and go from there.

What programs to use? (beginner, intermediate etc)
what computer is recomended as well? ( MB/P, iMac)

Thanks in advance for your help.
If wasnt clear ill try to add more detail.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Being Apple i imagine the start up video was done in Motion and Shake.

Entering the Animation/3D world is not cheap. You need high performance software and hardware neither of which is cheap.

There is some software called BLENDER which you might want to look at, and the video tutorials on Lynda.com should get you going with Motion/Shake.

What about going to an evening class to learn the ins and outs of photoshop. I really suggest you get professional tuition, it is a much quicker and effective way of learning.

As for hardware, just get a mac pro. It'll handle everything. A MBP would be pretty good too if you need the portability, but renders will be slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.