amazed at the imac g4(pixar lamp)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nearlycomplete, Mar 31, 2011.

1. nearlycomplete macrumors newbie

i bought an imac g4 off of craigslist, and upgraded it to Leopard 10.5, and just replaced the 500 mb with 1gig and this computer is just as good as my macbook(2007). That was the best 140 dollars i ever spent. Just thought id share...

2. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I have the same iMac as you (1.25) and I have to say, when I got it, it was quicker than the iBook in my thread - which said something at the time, considering my iBook had double the Ram, too.

There are still tasks my 1.25ghz iMac can do just as quick as my MacBook. On top of it, that G4 is the greatest computer design of all time. It's personally my favorite computer, hands down.

Congrats on joining the club! :)

3. MacHamster68, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

yes the G4 iMac's are great , but OP you do know the usb2.0 models support up 2 Gb ram ;) which makes them even better when handling leopard
    always wanted one and endet up again with another eMac 1.42 (but a overclocked 1.25)so basically the same hardware and indeed there is not much where my iMac core duo is really significantly faster in every day computing :D