Amazing AW3 battery life

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacPioneer, Sep 25, 2017.

1. MacPioneer macrumors member

I’ve had an AW0 for a couple of years, and had to charge it about every other day (my usage is apparently pretty light on battery drain). My AW3 LTE arrived Friday afternoon, and I put it on the charging stand while setting it up. Took it off the stand at 100% charge.

It’s now Monday evening, a little over three days later, and my watch is showing 20% charge. This is after a lot of playing with the watch to check it out.

I’m impressed.

2. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I’m seeing way better battery life than my Series 2. This processor must be a lot more efficient.

3. co1f macrumors regular

Agreed. I had the S0 before this for almost the first year and I’d get 2-3days on one charge. My AW LTE is about or slightly better, until I venture out on LTE alone I’m guessing! I was messing with LTE only and it sucks power fast (including a few short calls).

4. dolphin2421 macrumors regular

dolphin2421

Agreed. My series 0 was always down below 20% at the end of the work day. My 3 is sitting above 55% at 5:30pm and this includes a 45 minute cycling workout on LTE and numerous demos to coworkers. I’m really pleased.

5. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I took my watch off the stand at 6am and did a short 20 min workout earlier using LTE and tonight at 10:18pm it’s at 71%. And I’ve been fiddling with it a lot more than normal. A non-exerciser could probably get 2 or 3 days out of this.

6. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

Today I put mine on at about 9:00 now 13.5 hours later I am at 59%. I wore the watch alone all day except when I walked my dogs for an hour - when I took my phone so I could listen to a book on tape off of hoopla. I don't use any of the gps or sports apps but I did some texting and short phone calls.