Amazing battery life! A world record, I'm sure!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mark Booth, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

My iPhone 4 must hold the world record for battery life! I went to look at my usage statistics today and, when I got to Settings/General, I saw this:

[​IMG]

Hmm... that's quite a few hours!!! So then I continued to Usage and found this:

[​IMG]

So, there you have it! I hold the world record for battery life on an iPhone 4!!

:)

BTW, don't let the time and battery percentage throw you. I took a screen grab of the Usage screen first and E-mailed it to myself. It was about an hour later when I though to also E-mail myself the General settings screen. And, yes, I was in different locations for each screen grab (thus, the difference in signal strength).

Mark

2. draz macrumors 6502a

3. andy9l macrumors 68000

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Watch your back, big oil is going to come looking for you. :D

5. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Yeah, and what amazes me is that means Jobs and his engineers secretly invented and marketed the iPhone in 1967! He was only 15 at the time! :)

BTW, apparently what caused this Usage statistics weirdness was the fact that I ran my iPhone 4's battery down to the point that, when I shut it off, it wouldn't turn back on. I was playing Angry Birds for at least 5 hours that day and it was toward the end of the day. I just got too darn engrossed in playing Angry Birds and didn't pay close enough attention to the battery level. Anyway, when I tried to turn the iPhone back on, it wouldn't go past the "recharge me" screen. Only after I gave it an overnight recharge did I then find the Usage screens above. It seems that running it out of juice (near completely) is what "confused" it.

Mark

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

14,000 days but only 1 hour of call usage.. definitely reception issues. :D

7. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Actually, I had reset the statistics a couple of days ago. Which is further emphasized by the measly 11.6 MB of data transferred.

Mark