Amazing deal on a MBP! 899!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Calvinatir, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

Yesterday I scooped up an AMAZING deal on a prev. gen MBP! I scored the 2.4/2gb/200 for 899 (+ tax)!! It was a refurb (was bought day before new ones came out and was returned for the new model) but whatever! I'd advise checking your local Apple store for these deals! Unbelievable!

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations and well done; that's a nice tale and a very good deal. Enjoy your new MBP and may you and your MBP live long and prosper together.
    Cheers and good luck

3. borjasanz macrumors newbie

Wow, you could even sell it for more and buy one of the new ones man. Wow that is a great price, hope u enjoy it

4. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

Nice deal! I just got the same model for 1325 (new, not refurb) with free AppleCare and printer. No tax, as I shipped it out of state.

5. CaneCollegeboy macrumors regular

where do you guys look for all of these deals. Can you point me in the right direction for price shopping?

Thanks guys/gals

6. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Apple store, then scroll down on the left side and click on refurb.

7. CaneCollegeboy macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. Man ive never seen a MBP for under a 1000 in the apple refurbished page.

8. daisky macrumors newbie

The OP implies this was bought at an actual Apple store, not online. The online prices will never get anywhere near this.

9. therealdt macrumors regular

10. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

And don't forget the free printer rebate. Even if you don't need a printer, you can cross somebody off your holiday list :cool:.

11. djkny macrumors 6502

I'll believe it when I see it. $899 for a last gen refurb?? That item was probably swiped from a university library and peddled as a "return."

12. six.four macrumors 6502

I'd be interested to see if anybody else was able to duplicate that price... I'd love to grab a last gen MBP for $900

13. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

How are the eBay prices going? With the $200 live.com thing, you might come close.