Amazing Gaming Headset?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kuctonkucton201, Oct 11, 2010.

1. kuctonkucton201 macrumors member

Hi, there. What do u guys think about this Logitech G35 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Gaming Headset? Anyone ever use it? So happened to find it just now. It is super hot on some sites. Kinda wanna buy it too. Before the real purchase I wanna make sure it is that good. So what's your opinion? Is it nice stuff to go with?

2. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

You might want to check if its special features work under OSX. While i'm sure you might have sound, you may not have the special 7.1 sound that it advertises under OSX.

3. skorpien macrumors 68020

4. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

I use an Astro A40 and it's amazing. If you're serious about gaming then it's a must.

5. Mr.Bullitt macrumors regular

Did anyone try the new Creative Soundblaster Tactic3D alpha/sigma series??

6. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

7. LAK3RS macrumors newbie

If you think Turtle Beach is good, then please do some more research. Astro does happen to make some good products, and their A40 headset is alright, but what really shines is their Mixamp. It opens up the dynamics of the sound in headsets, which more so amplifies the sound properly. If you head over to www.mlgpro.com, you'll find more than enough information on the perfect gaming headset. Just check out the technology section, and you'll be golden. With that being said, I have many different headphones/headsets, and personally love Sennheiser's the best.

Ideally, I prefer Senn. HD600's with a mic modification more than any headphone or headset I've ever used. The issue with that is that the headphones will run you a pretty penny of around $400. Just remember that if you want the best out of the headset or headphones that you will be using to get an Astro Mixamp. www.astrogaming.com

Now, just focusing on headsets alone, Sennheiser PC360 is the best that's out there for an actual headset. It maintains the Senn. HD595 drivers, and includes an open design. Behind it would be the Senn. PC350's, which are identical except they are a closed ear design. They are perfect for tournament use more than anything due to the noisy environment.

I'd do some research and find out which suites you best. More so, the best deal is probably the PC350's/Mixamp or the straight Astro set up, either A40 or A30 that includes the mixamp.

Here is my ranking list:

1. Sennheiser HD600's w/ Astro Mixamp (Needs mic mod)
    2. Sennheiser PC360's w/ Astro Mixamp
    3. Audio Technica AD700's w/ Astro Mixamp (Needs mic mod)
    4. Sennheiser PC350's w/ Astro Mixamp
    5. Astro A40 Set Up
    6. Astro A30 Set up