Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I went from getting 5-6 hours max and maybe 12-14 hours standby on around 70-80% brightness with auto brightness on to

7 hours, 40 minutes

1 day, 15 hours standby

on 50% brightness with auto brightness off.

I could of got a good 8 hours too but i charged my phone when it had 10% left.

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
weird.

i have mine set to ~60% with auto on, everything else is on except bluetooth, and i'll get about 2 days of standby no problem, a day and a half with regular usage (no tethering). i'll normally put my phone on the charger at night if it needs it or not, usually around 55-70% left on the battery.

i average around 10-15 minutes of calls, 50-100 txt msgs, beejive running in the background, constant twitter and foursquare use, and daily use of News360 and Pulse News, app store browsing, and the occasional safari usage.

i'm using 4.3 and have never had any battery issues like some have been complaining about, and i know i use mine a shitton.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I fail to see how drawing less power from the battery and thus causing it to last longer is "amazing". Were you expecting a different result?

For the record, I've got mine set to something. Probably around 50%. And I don't turn off any services. My battery life is whatever it is. I always try to keep it fully charged so I don't have to worry such details.

Ponderous

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
New Jersey
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have my screen on auto and I don't mess with services. After always tweaking services with android I'm very happy that the battery foe iPhone doesn't require me to play those games anymore. Im very happy with the iPhone 4 battery.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
depends on your cycle and charging amp..today i pushed my iphone 4 on 4.2 JB with push on/brightness 55% mild surf/updated apps/music always on..ect...got almost 8 hrs use..all so weather affects battery life..ect blah blah blah.. but cycle your battery once a while..i like to charge it on my macbook not on the AC...less amp charge=more fully charge the battery but takes bit longer..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.