'Amazing' iosx Trackpad for all Apple Computers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gli.Azzuri, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Gli.Azzuri macrumors member

It would be really awesome if they did make a merged 'iosx' on any of their notebooks because im so used to the multi-touch on my iPhone. Trackpads are so passe.

Even though i think the trackpad on apple notebooks are amongst the best in any notebook, they should come up with something nice and big which interacts with you, and feels just like that smooth, silky multi-touch found on the ios devices. (No im not talking about touchscreen, but better if it was done right).

In terms, hoping for a merged hardware and software type of thing... or even if the phone/touch/pad could be used to control the screen via the 'Remote' app. But yeah new totally awesome and redesigned trackpad tell me what you think..

Edit: I think what im trying to say is...
    I don't want a touchscreen which my fingerprints will go on and make my computer screen look ugly. An iosx merge where an ios-like thing comes out like the dashboard. Something like the dashboard but with apps and more ios things. Am i getting through to people or am i insane? :)

Also by multi-touch i mean as in the iPhone multitouch because iPhone multitouch > Mac Multitouch Trackpad.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apple's trackpads already have multitouch built into them, and there's not too much more you could do with it practically. If you want to I think there are some VNC apps that you can use to remotely control your computer from an iOS device.

3. Gli.Azzuri thread starter macrumors member

too true but im talking about an ios interface (adjusted of course) on an apple computer which is controlled via an even better trackpad. something that may even light up or have a screen perhaps? you never know because its apple :apple: :)

4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

so you want apple to make a touch screen imac? well your in luck; lately rumors have been claiming apple filed a patent for a multi touch imac.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apple may be able to do something to surprise me, but I don't see the iOS interface being able to be scaled up much larger than the iPad and still being practical to use.

6. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Maybe what you need is an iPad?
    Realistically, I don't see the software industry completely re-shaping their products GUI anytime soon to be full-touch, that is not involving a cursor.
    It's not an OS problem, it's an applications problem. I'm sure it won't take long before Apple launches a touch-screen Mac but it would be essentially a gimmick as long as the most common apps would still be cursor-based.
    Some Windows PC's (e.g. HP) have touchscreen but nobody really cares.