Amazing MBP Service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Michael73, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

I got a 15" MBP about a week and a half ago and the glass screen has really bugged me so 4 days ago I went into the Apple store in Indianapolis at Keystone Crossing and bought one of those antiglare screens and spent about 45 minutes trying to put it on at home and never got it quite right. Today, I went back to the store to exchange it and found an employee willing to try and put it on for me in the store. With A LOT of patience it took more than an hour and a half but we finally got it on without any dust underneath and it looks great. Any, this employee named Israel went above and beyond and is yet another reason why I think Macs AND IT'S EMPLOYEES are AWESOME!

2. assassinm4 macrumors member

*jealous*
    you know apple outsources their retail outside of US to local retailers, and here in hong kong, the employees don't give a crap about after-sale services:mad:

there is no genius bars as well, so if you bump into any problem, you'll have to bring it up to "service center" (outsource, of course) and queue up for half an hour, and have that :mad: face from the employee trying to get rid of you with all means.

3. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

They are not allowed to do that at my local Apple store because of dust reasons, waste of business time and the responsibility of the employe if something happened to your machine.

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Woahwoahwoah. I saw you there, sir! I was at the genius bar for an issue with my MBP and heard all the geniuses talking about it...looked over and saw it. Looks great!

:D

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Ditto...my experience at the genius bar today wasn't really peaches and cream.

Glad things worked out great for the OP though. ;)

7. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's what they told me too but I asked really nicely and for some reason the store was A LOT quieter than it normally is. I'm also a registered business customer so that may have helped as well. In any case, the store employee Israel, said that was the first AND LAST time he'll be doing that. Although, he said doing that made putting the protectors on iPhones seem like a cakewalk. I told him, "Good! I've been holding out for 2 years for an iPhone and will be here in June or July when the new ones come out and I'll ask for you to put the screen protector on that one too." He just laughed ;)

Thanks! To be honest, it's not exactly what you'd get if you bought the 17" MBP with the antiglare option. There is some distortion but not much. The 17" with the antiglare seemed to be more clear when I compared them in the store. In any case, I haven't used the machine since they put the protector on. When I'm at home, I work on my MacPro with a 28" screen. I'll use the MBP tomorrow when I'm out and about working and see how it goes.

Sorry everything didn't turn up roses for you today :(

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Thanks! To be honest, it's not exactly what you'd get if you bought the 17" MBP with the antiglare option. There is some distortion but not much. The 17" with the antiglare seemed to be more clear when I compared them in the store. In any case, I haven't used the machine since they put the protector on. When I'm at home, I work on my MacPro with a 28" screen. I'll use the MBP tomorrow when I'm out and about working and see how it goes.

Sorry everything didn't turn up roses for you today :([/QUOTE]

And how did you like it after today?