Amazing: No threads begun about the second Android phone on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I can't believe there weren't any trolls out there pimping out the next Android phone, which actually looks like it was designed this decade, that T-Mobile announced this weekend (awesome time for a release!).

There wasn't really much in the story I read about any specs. Really, wasn't much more than name-dropping Google. I think the main problem with this product line is nobody is translating it into normal person talk. Even though I wish Apple had published the internal guts specs, they focused on "this is the fastest iPhone we've ever made." There was a little highlight of the next-gen 3G connections, but nothing really about the internal workings. They just demonstrated it a little at WWDC and then let reviewers review. Every single one of them (and us on here) has figured out it's a fast device.

All tech companies need to figure this out. I saw the press release about the Clear WiMax rolling out here, and they apparently got a lab rat to write the thing. Our reporter didn't really know what a megabit per second was (or that it wasn't megabyte), and I had to dig up topped-out 3G speeds to compare this service.

The best thing Clear did in that release was mention the involvement with Sprint about 2 inches from the bottom of the page. How Sprint is in business, let alone a major NASCAR sponsor, is beyond me.