Amazing People

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by comictimes, Dec 14, 2008.

1. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

General question: who do you consider to be absolutely amazing? For any reason at all, but preferably not a list of like 30 people. It'll be interesting to see who people choose and why :)

Personally right now I'm gonna go with this guy... I did a marathon on the erg (rowing machine) a month or two ago and am planning on doing another, or possibly even 100,000 meters over winter break, and so I ran across him while looking at other people's times. The man is amazing, he holds the records in pretty much every endurance piece for indoor rowing, except the individual million meters, and I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason he doesn't hold it for that is he hasn't tried yet (you'd have to be crazy to try, I think, but whatev :p )

2. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

if you are impressed with that guy you should look up roz savage. The most amazing person I know is the dude I see every morning when I brush my teeth. How does he do it and look so handsome at the same time.

3. comictimes thread starter macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Wow she is incredible... I feel like there was a big article about her in some magazine that I read a year or two ago, but I really can't remember.

In the same vein, a friend sent me this story a couple days ago... another person I am thoroughly awed by. Of course I question the sanity of all these people, but they're still spectacular.

4. jizwood1 macrumors member

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't really count famous people as amazing, not even sure why. To me it seems more like they're supposed to do that so it doesn't seem fully motivated by themselves and to provide no real positive outcome for themselves.

I'd count an old college tutor of mine as "amazing". He inspired me creatively and as a person. Made me realise what I was capable of and how I can push myself into becoming a better person. And he was full of character and a genuinely funny person who had a daft side (On a college trip to Paris in winter, his full 6' self would be lying on the streets with a camera on the ground, trying to get unusual shots. Or when we used to carry 2 bananas in his pockets like they were revolvers). The first teetotal adult I met and inspired me to be so too, and the first person I've seen to wear flipflops and cargo shorts throughout winter.
    God knows where he is now. He left when our class got into the 2nd year.

(edunt: just remembered he's a 'Mac person' so he might be lurking around here :eek:)

6. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Jaco Pastorius.

No one has had a more profound impact on bass playing in general, nor bass players of all talents and styles.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Stephen Hawking.

I don't need to tell you why. It's just all too obvious.