Amazing price for 13" CMBP in the UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarvinHC, Mar 31, 2015.

1. MarvinHC, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I thought I just share the offer I just got via email. Disclaimer: I am not associated with Rakuten nor do I get any benefit for posting this!

But I thought I'd share since I am still a big fan of the last user upgradeable MBP - the 2012 13".

Today on Rakuten.co.uk for only 640 GBP which I believe is a real steal. Add another 100 pound or so for a decent SSD and a bit more for some extra RAM if needed and you get an amazing machine. Ok, not the most portable one and no retina screen if that matters to you but a load of ports and even a DVD drive.

Here's the link, apparently with the code MARCHSALEDAY7 the price goes down from 720 to 640 pounds (I did not try it out myself, already got two of these machines, that's enough!). The price on Apple.uk is 899!
    http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MD101B/A&step=config

And here is the link to Rakuten:

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/pixel...13_2_5GHz/?l-id=gb_top_null_apple-macbook-pro

EDIT: it's a US supplied unit so most likely a US keyboard! Be warned!

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Looks like it's a grey import, I wonder if that affects the warranty?

It probably also has a US keyboard which might put some people off.

3. MarvinHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fair point, I did not notice that, so I guess you only get the one year warranty from Apple and for the usually two year warranty you would have to fit with the seller itself...

Having said that my personal experience is that hardware either goes wrong within the first weeks or months. If it goes past that it is good for years.

Keyboard is kind of a non issue IMHO. I have worked with UK, US, German and French keyboards and one gets used to it rather quickly. In the beginning I didn't like the small enter key on the US version but now I don't notice it anymore.