Amazon and Speck Candyshell

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jrodsep, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Hi guys I have a question for anyone that knows. Where I live Amazon doesn't ship out cases for any cellphone, not even paying for the shipping (while they do ship out pricier items like video games and consoles using super saver shipping and most of the times they use services like FedEx or UPS). Now I have seen that the only way to get free shipping on cases is by amazon marketplace on orders fulfilled by amazon. My question is do you guys know of amazon sellers that carry legit NOT FAKE OR CHINESE COPIES of the speck candyshells or the flip variant?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Have you checked with Speck themselves? I would also Email them and ask them who is a official carrier of there product where you live. They have good customer service. http://www.speckproducts.com/

3. jrodsep thread starter macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Yes I have but they only list "sold and shipped by amazon" as authorized dealers. That's why I want to know of any of the marketplace sellers that offer legit speck candyshells or flips.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you want, I have a black Speck Candyshell (new in box) for sale. Got it as a replacement from Speck for my other one that had the wrong camera cutout. PM if interested.

5. jrodsep thread starter macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Thanks man but actually I was interested in a white Candyshell Flip or a Moonrock Gray Flip. But thanks anyways.

6. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Wrong cutout? What do you mean by that? Mine is oval, which I believe is the newer one? Or is the oval the older one? It leaves a lot of open space but I belive that is to prevent flash issues?

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Originally when they first came out, they had a keyhole cutout for the rear camera.
    [​IMG]

They later updated it to the small oval cutout (which is what I have)
    [​IMG]

And now they've gone ape sh#t and made the cutout even bigger in their latest version.
    [​IMG]

8. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

I just got a rather impersonal note from Speck saying the large universal cutout is the latest iteration for users and is the one that the developer himself has on his phone. La de da. I think it is way too big for ATT phones. I'll keep it but it is bugging me. Thank you for the above pics!

9. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

The case needs a larger cutout. The plastic is too glossy and added to the flash issues.