Amazon Basics Lightning Cable

tylerpashigian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2015
Anyone use the Amazon Basics iPhone charger? Read a lot of very good reviews, but have also seen some about melting their charger and phone. Pretty hesitant to buy due to that, any feedback?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Anyone use the Amazon Basics iPhone charger? Read a lot of very good reviews, but have also seen some about melting their charger and phone. Pretty hesitant to buy due to that, any feedback?

I have one as well. It works fine being apple certified. The only issue is that it has a large end which makes it less compatible with cases...

bransoj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2013
Had one for ages for my iPhone 5 and used it no issues for charging and also worked connecting my phone to the usb socket in my car which is particually fussy about what cable is used!

phillyi

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2011
I have a couple and no issues here. Been using them for a couple years now. I prefer the amazonbasics charger vs the original. Just be aware the lightning end is a little larger than the original so it may not be compatible with certain cases.

Klaatu63

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2010
New Jersey
Bought a few of the long 6 foot cables and only encountered one problem, The insulation is very stiff and they can not be coiled tightly. Unlike the factory originals they will fail if coiled.