Amazon Basics Lightning Cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tylerpashigian, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tylerpashigian macrumors newbie

Anyone use the Amazon Basics iPhone charger? Read a lot of very good reviews, but have also seen some about melting their charger and phone. Pretty hesitant to buy due to that, any feedback?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have had one about six months and use it with my iPhone 6 and have had no problems at all.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have one as well. It works fine being apple certified. The only issue is that it has a large end which makes it less compatible with cases...

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Seriously?

If you believe a MFI Certified charger melted someone's phone, I have a piece of land in Zimbabwe to sell you.

5. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Had one for ages for my iPhone 5 and used it no issues for charging and also worked connecting my phone to the usb socket in my car which is particually fussy about what cable is used!

6. phillyi macrumors member

I have a couple and no issues here. Been using them for a couple years now. I prefer the amazonbasics charger vs the original. Just be aware the lightning end is a little larger than the original so it may not be compatible with certain cases.

7. Klaatu63 macrumors regular

Klaatu63

Bought a few of the long 6 foot cables and only encountered one problem, The insulation is very stiff and they can not be coiled tightly. Unlike the factory originals they will fail if coiled.