Amazon beat Apple today in one area...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by THEAnonymous, Sep 6, 2012.

1. THEAnonymous macrumors member

Despite the fact Amazon launched 3 new Kindle Fires (Kindle SD, Kindle HD, Kindle with LTE), along with the standard Kindle, it seems like we got very few leaks about these products/ideas. Compare this to Apple, where we practically had every component of the iPhone 5 weeks before the launch, and parts for the iPad mini are also starting to leak out.

Tim Cook can definitely learn a thing or two about secrecy (among other things) from Amazon.

2. lepeos macrumors member

3. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Apple leaks are mainly because they've been making millions of iPhone 5's by now; whereas the Kindle won't ship until November.

I like the Kindle and I'm thinking of getting one, so don't judge me as a Fanboy (even though I am).

4. THEAnonymous thread starter macrumors member

It's actually shipping next week or the week after. So clearly they've been manufacturing these units for a while now.

5. Zarkizon macrumors member

I think the reason why there are so many leaks from Apple's suppliers is because of how popular their products are—everyone wants to know about them.

I don't think I've seen too many people eagerly rubbing their hands together for Amazon's next great kindle.

6. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

Ever think maybe no one cares about Amazon? (That's a bit extreme, but Apple is just so much bigger. Maybe in a few years we'll have more and more leaks coming from Amazon's side)

7. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

Apple leaks maybe come from apple so we know how it ll look like, get dissapointed think of it and then to be like crazy till they release it..:D

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

haha yeah just add to the hype/get feedback before it comes out. damn you apple

9. Che Castro macrumors 603

No leaks from amazon tablets

Cause no one gives a **** about them

10. appswipe macrumors 6502

I know some people just enjoy being angry at any Apple competitor, but this is a pretty impressive product IF you are a fan of Amazon and their services. It's priced very very competitively, a bunch of free Android Amazon store apps that don't suck, VoD (also available on iPad) and the lending library.

I'm a happy iPad user but that lending library Is a big deal to me because I hate buying books that I only read once. And as an existing Prime user then I'm wasting a benefit by not owning a Kindle. So at these prices then I'm tempted to get a Fire and definitely know a few people who would fit better as a Fire owner than an iPad owner.

11. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Speak for yourself!

Kindle fire HD looks great. :cool:

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Pretty much. It's not even a conversation piece on a remote level.

Sure, someone might walk into Best Buy and get one because it's cheap, but I've met no one, literally no one, that gives a rats ass about Amazon tablets.